Word 2013 document is blocked

My document Word 2013 is blocked

Hello,

I'm working on a Word 2013 document which has 329 pages with a lot of screenshots.(22MB)

My OS : Windows server 2012

My PC : HP with processor i5 and RAM 16 GB.

This system is very slow. The first time I use a feature after booting, the feature is very slow. For example when I change the language of a word from French to English, I have to wait one minute: during 20 seconds I have a black screen and the message: "Word not responding". After this first use, this feature runs quite normally. Same long "warm up" for all the other features…

But today, after this black screen, I did not retrieve my document. Every pages, every rows are selected and I cannot remove the selection. I cannot use the keyboard to type anything. I cannot set the document to Edit Mode. I closed and then reopened the document several times…

In the backstage of this document, I can read "Protect Document Certain types of changes are restricted in this document".

How can I retrieve my document?

Thanks for your help!

Answer
Answer

Good news: problem solved by  [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [F9] to transform a field into its content.

And then delete a bookmark named  "Text1" which included all the document from the first row to the last one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 797 Applies to: