Printing address labels

All I want to know is how to print mailing labels (with multiple addresses).  

I want to go to my contacts via C: Users ->Myname -> Contacts and print address labels.  Or use that information to do so.

I am running Windows 8.1.  I have tried "merging" and a host of other useless actions that ask me to select folders/files that I don't recognize.  I have searched "Help", installed Office 2013, and wasted 3 hours.  Office 2013 has labels, but to get 30 labels they need to have a cutesy picture on them.  I just want blank.  

Once upon a time (as late as Windows 7) I could open Word, select "Labels" and add my contacts.  It would take 5 minutes.   

So.  What EXACT program do I need to print off sheets of 30 labels on blank Avery 5160 labels with the contacts I have on my computer right now?  

Thank you for any help you can provide.  

Oh, and Microsoft?  When I have to select from *10* different programs that are pretty much the same thing, I honestly don't know if the "topic" is correct or not.

Answer
Answer
  1. Start by selecting the Mailings tab of the Ribbon.
  2. In the Create group, click the button for Labels.
  3. In the Labels dialog, click Options...
  4. In the Label Options dialog, select "Avery US Letter" as the label vendor.
  5. In the "Product number" list, scroll down to 5160. Note that the labels are sorted alphabetically, not numerically, so you will have to scroll down through all those beginning with 1, 2, 3, and 4 (even though some are five-digit numbers) to get to 5160.
  6. Click OK.
  7. In the Labels dialog, click New Document.
  8. The resulting document is set up as a table, so be sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table Tools | Layout | Table | View Gridlines).
  9. Type or paste addresses into the labels. If you are using Outlook 2013, you have access to the Outlook address book, but you will have to add the command to the Quick Access Toolbar. Right-click on the toolbar and choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar... In the ensuing dialog, you'll find the Address Book button in the Commands Not in the Ribbon category.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2022 Views 0 Applies to: