Name in the end tag element must match the element type

I am working on a large word file (Word 2013) (27 MB/35 pages)  with some photos and text boxes.  I saved the file and now cannot reopen it.  I am getting the error" The name in the end tag element must match the element type in the start tag".  I tried the MS fixit program however it was not able to run on my computer.   Hope someone on here might be able to help me fix the file.

Here is the link for the word file on my Skydrive: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=51D62FAEB2317DE9!344&authkey=!ABWUx09qRGCanuY. Many thanks.

Answer
Answer
Hello Jad,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Office Community.

I'm unable to access the file. I receive the following error:
'This item might not exist or is no longer available This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.'

I suggest you to once again share the file and provide the shared link to access the file.

This error could be due to file corruption. You may try to open the corrupted document in WordPad and verify the result.

Right click on the problem Word document > Open with > select WordPad.

Note: WordPad does not support all the features of the Word document format. Some content might be missing or displayed improperly.

You may try to the repair the document by doing the following and verify the result:

To open a specific document by using the Open and Repair feature in Word, follow these steps:

Start Word > On the File menu > click Open.
In the Open dialog box, click to select the file that you want to open.
Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.

You may also check the following thread link which discusses about similar issue and see if it helps:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/the-name-in-the-end-tag-of-the-element-must-match/822aa574-7151-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result for further assistance.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 3,524 Applies to: