How to adjust margins with greater granularity than default? (grid-related?)

In Word, I have a sentence followed by a bulleted list.  Under that, I have a 2-column-1-row table with three bulleted sentences per column.  For the life of me, I can't get all the bullets to line up vertically.  The first set of bullets is about 1 pixel off vertically from the bullets in the table.  If I try to move the margin for either one, there's not enough granularity to move just 1 pixel.  It always jumps 3 or 4 pixels.  Is there a way to modify the granularity of the underlying grid so that I can move one of the margins just 1 pixel over?

Text looks like the following:

Regular sentence blah blah.

* doobee

* doobee

Regular sentence and then bullets below are inside a table.

* bulleted text inside each column     * bulleted text

* bulleted text                                     * bulleted text

Answer
Answer
Pressing Alt overrides the grid when dragging ruler markers. you may want to increase the Zoom ratio for more precise dragging. Or you can set the indents in the Paragraph dialog. Keep in mind that the table probably has internal cell margins; you may need to remove the left margin of the cells in the first column in order to facilitate the alignment. Word 2013, unlike previous versions, aligns the outside borders of the table with the margins instead of the text in the outside columns (previous versions kept text in the table in line with text outside the table).
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 289 Applies to: