How do you interline two paragraphs?

Hello, I want to show a translation between the lines of the original text.

For example I want these two paragraphs shown on alternate lines:

Les 27 pays membres de l'Union européenne sont finalement parvenus à s'entendre, lundi soir à Bruxelles. Au terme d'une journée de négociations, les ministres des affaires étrangères européens ont décidé de lever l'embargo sur les armes pour les rebelles syriens.
The 27 member countries of the European Union have finally come to an understanding this Monday evening in Brussels. At the end of a day of negotiations, the foreign affairs ministers of Europe decided to lift the embargo on arms for Syrian rebels.

like so:

-Les 27 pays members de l'Union européenne sont finalement
-The 27 member countries of the European Union have finally
parvenus à s'entendre, lundi soir à Bruxelles. Au terme d'une
come to an understanding this Monday evening in Brussels.
journée de négociations, les ministres des affaires étrangères...
At the end of a day of negotiations, the foreign affairs ministers...

Is it possible? I prefer not to manually create new lines as I want it to automatically adjust where the lines break based on upon text size & document width (just like normal paragraphs). So if the document gets wider, I want "come" to append to "finally", and "parvenus" to append to "finalement".

Thank you for your help
Answer
Answer
There isn't really any way to do this in normal text. What you could try, though it would be very finicking work, would be to put the translation in a text box, formatted as In Front of Text, with No Line and No Fill. Double-space both the original text and the translation and then position the text box so that its lines are between the lines of the original behind it.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 332 Applies to: