Have a problem when changing text direction

I am trying to create labels.  I inserted a picture and 2 text boxes.  In one text box I wrote "Jennifer's" next line "Baby Shower".  When I changed the text direction it changed the spacing in my first word to "Jennifer' s".  It added a extra space before the "s".  i try backspacing but it deleted my apostate.  I checked with help online and they said it was because I changed the text direction & there was nothing I could do to fix it.

Can anyone help me.  I don't want it to print this way.

I tried this in a table, and I can reproduce the error, but it seems to be primarily a display issue. Even though Print Preview shows the error, the separation on the actual printout is much less pronounced. You might experiment with condensed the character spacing between the apostrophe and s.

In any case, I will report the problem to Microsoft.

Is there a way you can set up the document with changing the text direction? If you rotate the entire document (from portrait to landscape), you should not experience this issue.

Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the help.  I also discovered if I type text horizontal then use the rotate button instead of the text direction it doesn't do it either.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2023 Views 693 Applies to: