Equation editor problem in index

Hi ,

I am facing a problem regarding equation editor. while writing my report I have used it to write report.Everything works fine.But When I try to put all equations in index showing list of equation all equation changes format form professional to linear automatically and even if I change it in index it remains same.

Please solve it as ap.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Hello Ramesh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

In order to resolve this issue we need some information. Let us know the following: 

1. What type of equations have you used in the report?

2. Send us step by step instructions to reproduce the issue at our end.

3. Also, it would help us if you could include a screenshot of how it looks on your computer when the equation changes from Professional to Linear.  

To capture and send us a screenshot follow the step as show in the following Microsoft link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-windows_programs/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Provide us more information to help us assist you further.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I have a problem similar to that. I have equations on the document like Z_i^j (I wrote it here in linear form). In the document there is no problem. When i update the table of contents all formulas lose its format as if they are transformed in ordinary text. In this case what we shall see in the table of contents would be Zij. Strange thing is that this Zij is an equation, is not normal text, because when you put cursor on it yuo can see its inside the equation box. I use Microdoft office Professional 2010

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you refer to a "list of equations," I believe you're referring to a TOC/TOF rather than an index. The only way to make such a list would be to have captions for the equations, and those captions would be included in the list. The equation would be in a separate paragraph, unaffected by the bookmarking of the caption.

If you're actually referring to an index, then you must be selecting the equation and creating an XE (index entry) field from it. Is that what you're doing?

Like Mohan, I think we need screen shots.

Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, here is the image

and here is the problem

In the text it's all right

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2023 Views 462 Applies to: