Repeat Table Rows

Hello everyone,

I created the table below and I'm having an issue with repeating rows.  In the table below, each of the numbered lists is its own style.  I would like to be able to hit the tab key after filling out the bottom row and having all three rows repeat, with the next number in the sequence.

Currently if I hit tab, it simply adds the bottom row with the number 2. in the column, without the two mini columns above.  If I highlight both rows and select Insert below on the Table Tools Layout ribbon, it still only adds the bottom row.  The only way I can have all three continue numbering at this point is to copy the two rows and paste directly below the table.

Is there anything I can do, maybe a table style, that will allow those rows to continue?

Answer
Answer

The only way that you can do this is to use Seq fields for the numbers as shown in the following screen shot, where the field codes are being displayed, (You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and you Press Alt+F9 to toggle off their display)

Then, select the table and on the Insert tab of the ribbon, expand the Quick Parts dropdown and click on AutoText and then on Save Selection to AutoText Gallery.

In the dialog that opens, enter a name such as newrows and then click on OK

Then, when you want to add another set of rows, type newrows immediately under the existing table as shown and press ENTER

and you should then get

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 396 Applies to: