Word 2010 Headers and Footers - Header on First Page only and Footers on all pages

I am having a lot of trouble trying to sort a document out.  It's minutes I've prepared for a kids club.  I have a letterhead which has a header and footer already, whenever I type a letter I type the letter onto the letterhed and its easy.  However, the header is not text, it's pictures, the footer is text though.   

I have copied and pasted these minutes onto the letterhead and it is 4 pages, the header is on every page, so is the footer.   I only want the header to be on the first page.  I've tried choosing different first page but it deletes the header from the first page and leaves it on the remaining 3.  Its the other way round I want it but I'm not sure how to achieve this.  Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to remove the header from the other 3 pages? Many thanks

Answer
Answer

When you enable Different First Page you get a separate First Page Header and First Page Footer on the first page. The header and footer that you have already created will be the primary Header and Footer that appear on the rest of the pages. Cut the content of the primary Header and paste it into the First Page Header. Copy the content of the primary Footer and paste it into the First Page Footer.

When you want a different header on the first page, it's easier if you first create the header you want on the second and subsequent pages (the primary Header). Then, when you have enabled Different First Page, you can insert the content you want in the First Page Header.

Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 9,071 Applies to: