Word 2010 applying watermarks across sections

Hi, I have a document with many sections. I am trying to insert the Draft watermark but as I add it to one section, it gets removed from a previous section. I have tried selecting the whole document before inserting the watermark, but it still only puts Draft into the first section. Urgent please!  Many thanks.
Answer
Answer

It's a glitch between the Word watermark Semitransparent setting and some printers.  It also applies to letters missing in the watermark when printed.  Two staff members recently encountered this in Word 2010.  One was only experiencing the missing letters, the other was experiencing both missing letters and having the previous section watermark disappear when adding it to the next section.

Removing the checkmark from the Semitransparent box on the Printed Watermark pop-up menu (checked by default) under Watermark/Custom Watermark.../ solves both these issues.

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Word watermarks are closely tied to the header. With each section having control over its header, the watermark will have to be applied to each section that is not linked to another. I cannot explain why the watermark is apparently being removed from one when you successfully apply it to another.

If you are in dire straits, are having no success, and the draft watermark is mission critical, consider a kludge fix of printing to a PDF document using a free PDF virtual printer like the BullPDF from BullZIP which allows you to print a watermark across the entire document. You can subsequently print a hard copy from the PDF. This will get your task-at-hand accomplished and allow you to pursue a permanent fix at your leisure.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 13,995 Applies to: