Table in 2 Column Page Layout Alignment

Hi,

I have a Word Document that I need some help with.

I have uploaded a Dummy File to OneDrive, heres the Link to that File: GAMES with GOLD - Temp.

As you can see in the Document I have set the Page to Landscape and set to 2 Columns.

I will be inserting a new Table each year for both Consoles...

Ie. I will be inserting above "Year 2014: Xbox One" I will insert Table for "Year 2015: Xbox 360" as well as adding after "Year 2015: Xbox One".

I would like the following Format if possible:

This is 1 Table split into both columns, but I would like to have the Titles of the Table to be inline, Level side by side, not as is staggered.

In my Original Document I have 2 Pages above the first Table which is in 1 Column, Portrait Layout, and when I Highlighted the Tables and switch to 2 Column, Landscape has done the layout as I want, but has Multiple "Section Break (Continuous)", which lowers the Tables as if I have "Returns".

Once this has been sorted I wish to apply this to my Original Document.  I want to do the following:

1. Highlight all the Tables.

2. Remove all the Page and Column (Section Breaks) from all the Tables.

3. Place cursor at the Title of the First Table Title.

4. Set Page to Landscape from "This Point Forward".

5. Set to 2 Columns with 1cm space between from "This Point Forward".

6. Set the layout so that the Titles are inline.

I am able to Manually Delete all the "Section Breaks", by going to each one and Deleting it, Then I can place my Cursor at the Title of the First Table and setting the Page to Landscape from "This Point Forward", and setting to 2 Columns in the same way, but then I need to know who to get the layout as required, or unless a temp Macro can be used do to all this.

As I have said all I need is to know how to get the Tables to be in the format I need so the layout is as required.

Thank you in advance,

Neil

Answer
Answer

I can think of two ways to accomplish what you want.

1. One is to include the table title in the table (as a merged first row). It will then repeat along with the heading row so that the headings will be level.
  2. The other is to put the table title in a single-column section above the table. Then only the table will be in the two-column section, and the headings will be level.

Additionally, if each table will start on a new page, you could consider putting the table title in the page header (with section breaks between tables).

Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2023 Views 4,272 Applies to: