Left-to-right autonumbering

I have a series of fiour graphics aligned left to right on a page. I created a numbered style I labeled "table text." When I apply the style to the figure captions, Word numbers the captions right-to-left instead of left-to-right. So of the four figures, the first one on the left is d), the second c), the third b), the fourth a), exactly the opposite of what I want. How do I reverse the order in which the numbered captions appear? thanks.

Could you share a sample file?

Upload the file to skydrive and share the link.

Make sure the files does not have any personal\Confidential information.

Regards,
Marcus DAlmeida

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Wrapped objects are numbered in the order of the paragraph to which they are anchored or the order in which they are anchored to a single paragraph. I gather that the latter is virtually impossible to determine, even by VBA, so perhaps a different approach is indicated. Could you put the four graphics in cells of a four-column, one-row borderless table? Note that you won't be able to create captions in a table cell, but since you already have the captions, you can drag them, together with the graphics, into the table. When you update the caption fields, the numbering should be correct.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 813 Applies to: