I can't open my Word file (name of the end tag element must match the element type in the start tag). Can anyone help?

I can't open my Word file. The error says "name of the end tag element must match the element type in the start tag". Can anyone help? It's an important document that I need to recover & submit. Any help will be appreciated.

I have the corrupted file in: http://www.mediafire.com/view/89x2ruc70dm11u3/2014_CLP_Infograph_-_Copy.docx

Thanks in advance!

Answer
Answer

Hello Michael;

It took me several attempts but I found the problem and corrected enough to get the document working and editable again.

The 11Mb internal word/document.xml configuration text file was exceedingly hard to work with. Text editors simply do not handle files >10mbs easily.

The problems originated with the images nested with paragraphs within images within paragraphs. FWIW, Publisher would do a much better (and easier) job of image intensive jobs like this. At some point, Word simply forgot where to 'close' the nested content and working out exactly where to close them was the most difficult part.

I've placed the repaired DOCX on my OneDrive for you to reference and download. A thorough review for lost or misplaced content is highly recommended.

2014 CLP Infograph (Jeeped).docx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 188 Applies to: