How to print showing the balloons in Track Changes/Word 2010

I hope someone call help me!  I am using Word 2010 and I have my Track Changes set to show the revisions in balloons.  However, when I go to print, the printed document DOES NOT show the balloons!  I have done a lot of searching on the internet and found somewhere where someone else was having that same problem and the forum they posted on (I don't remember where it was, but it wasn't here) didn't have an answer.  The very strange thing is if you change the size of the document to "legal" (instead of what it should be, which is "letter"), then it DOES show the revisions in the balloons off to the side.  Also, while playing around with it yesterday, I finally DID get it to print correctly showing the balloons, but now it is back to NOT showing the balloons.  Can someone please help me????  This is very very strange and I'm thinking it may be a glitch in Word 2010.

How are you printing the document? If you use Quick Print (FilePrintDefault) from a view showing the balloons, or from Print Preview when balloons are displayed, they should print. But if you're using File | Print (or Ctrl+P) to open the Print tab, then you have to make sure that "Print Markup" is checked under "Print All Pages."

Actually, it appears that "Print Markup" is automatically checked in the Print window if you are viewing markup in the document (and is shown in Print Preview), not if you are not.

Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was beginning to think no one would answer (probably because no one has an answer!).  Anyway, yes, I just checked and the option "Print Markup" IS checked under "Print All Pages".  It still doesn't show the balloons.  I still think there is some kind of glitch in the program.

Oh well.  Thanks for your time in responding.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

One other thing I should have mentioned initially - One thing I also tried just to get the printed document to show the balloons is to convert the Word document into a PDF document, and guess what?  The balloons STILL did not show.  Strange, isn't it?  You would think that a PDF would be created showing what is on the screen.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope doesn't work via Print Preview. Prints with a gutter, but no balloons.

MS please fix this!

Works OK via Quick Print.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2024 Views 3,412 Applies to: