How do I get Heading 1 to always start on a right hand page?

I'm creating a book; all the chapters start with a Heading Level 1 line.  I'd like that to ALWAYS be on a right hand page, irrespective of numbering.  Can this be done?  I would need it to insert a blank page ONLY if necessary to maintain "right handedness."  The heading 1 currently inserts a page break (effectively) so it starts on a new page; I need it to insert a blank page if need to get the heading to start on a right hand page.  Any help appreciated!
Answer
Answer
Each section has the option to restart page numbering. I would guess that you've restarted the page numbering in the original section (I didn't know you were already using sections) and that behavior is being duplicated with the new sections being built with the odd page section breaks.

If you can start over, add a single odd page section break. Go into the header or footer of that new section and reset the numbering to continue from previous section within Header & Footer Tools, Page Number, Format Page Numbers. Once that has been set, continue on with adding odd page section breaks and the continuous numbering behavior should be inherited.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 3,020 Applies to: