How do I change the color of a reviewer's comments?

I have a document that I wrote and sent out for review with a number of my comments in the file. One of the reviewers responded, but their comments are coming up in the same color as mine, and I need to be able to distinguish between them. The comments are still tagged with their user information so it's not the previously mentioned issue of the user having their personal data hidden. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've figured out how to only show their comments, but some refer back to mine, so I really need to see both at once.

Go to the Review tab; click the little down arrow next to Track Changes; and choose "Change Tracking Options." In the ensuing dialog box, choose "By author" in the four places where it is available (in the drop-downs that appear across from Insertions, Deletions, Comments, and Formatting).

Once you choose "By author" (it will show a two-color icon) and click OK, the tracked changes will have a different color for each reviewer. That should accomplish what you're after.

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The "By author" option was already selected in all those places - the problem is that it seems to be selecting the same color for both of the reviewers in the document. I tried changing the option to a specific color and then back to "By author," but it still assigns both to red. It seems to me that there should be a way to assign the color for each reviewer manually to handle this kind of situation...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do the reviewers' comments display different names? If you have "sanitized" the document by removing personal data, the comments will just show "Author," and they'll all be the same color.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, if I go to Tracking > Show Markup > Reviewers, each reviewer has their official name as assigned to the computer that they were working from. I found the posts about sanitizing the document, and that was the first thing I checked for.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2024 Views 1,189 Applies to: