Formatting place/tent cards

I have a template for tent cards from Paper Direct but I don't know how to format it correctly so that names & table numbers fit.  There are 4 on a sheet.  Also do I do the same procedures for any place/tent cards.  The size is 2x3 1/2. I am working in Windows 7 Microsoft Word 2010. This is my first time ever doing this in Word.  Can anynone help?  I'm getting very frustrated trying to figure it out by myself.  Thank you.

Ms. Halli

See the article “Mail Merge with Word 2007” on fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website at

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Doug.....Sorry, but this didn't help me much.  If there is an easier way, please let me know.  I'm working with Word 2010 and Windows 7.  To be honest, it's kind of confusing for me.  I'm a very, very novice at formatting.   I'm trying to work with a template, does that make a difference.  Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The tent cards will just be the cells of a table with fixed cell dimensions so you can simply type the information directly into the appropriate cells and then use the tab key to move to the next cell.  Continuing to use the tab key will add new rows to the table.

If you want to send me a copy of the actual template that you have, I can take a look at it and give you more specific instructions.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you wanting to print on both sides of the tent cards? If so, then you have to use a table where the cards are vertical. You then use the Text Direction command to rotate the text in one cell clockwise and the other counterclockwise; this is the only way to get a 180° rotation in Word. If the template you were supplied is not set up this way, you will need to create your own. The result will look something like this (not sure whether this is the way the dimensions you gave actually work).

Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I will be using just one side of a 2x3 1/2 tent card with four on a page.  Thx for your suggestion. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 4,175 Applies to: