Corrupted word doc: Details: Equal expected. Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line 2, Column 12595

Was writing a research paper and this is what popped up as the error. I believe if I can remove the offending code I can recover most of it. Have tried the recovery tool. DOCx salvager. Word repair tool. Opening in OpenOffice. Opening in Text. Pretty much everything under the sun, but I don't have in depth knowledge on how to remove that code. Thanks so much for any help. 

Attached is the link to the file:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6qba5YMKcJ1X25aYXRaQXJBdXc/edit?usp=sharing
Answer
Answer
The DOCX you've supplied has suffered an archive corruption and everything past the phrase "First, a series of personal interviews will be conducted. 10 previously homeless individuals will be asked a number of questions about their experiences, motivations, and cg" has been lost.

As this appears to be midway through the abstract (second page, 114 words), I discontinued further efforts.

FWIW, these massive archive corruptions are typically caused by working directly to and from either removable media or an email attachment. Save a copy of your working document to the local HDD and only move it to removable media for transport.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2022 Views 1,553 Applies to: