Transfer of Microsoft Office Word 2007 from old pc to new pc

I purchased  the Microsoft Office Word program online June 25, 2009, and have been using it ever since on my laptop pc, Windows Vista Home Basic.

I now have a new laptop which has windows 8 installed and would like to have the Office Word 2007 program transferred to my new laptop. Looking in my old credit card file, I found the billing from Microsoft with the following reference number: 74929279177005260001150. I would be very thankful for whatever assistance you can offer in this matter.

Yours truly,

quiet oneSF

Ps. There are a nunber of other issues I need help with but this seems to be the most important one at the moment. For a couple days I have been trying to sign on to this program with this question but kept getting a note saying there was a problem and to try later. That was using my new windows 8 laptop. Surprisingly, I got through to you instantly on my old laptop I which decided to try.

quiet oneSF... I am having the same problem.  We moved a year ago.  I couldn't find my Office 2007 disk with product code.  I found it yesterday in the kitchen.  Who knows how it got there???  I am trying to install it onto my new PC with Windows 8.  It says my product key is not recognized. Now what to do???

Hope we get help soon!!!

Laura Cobb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Two similar questions

1. You can get the 2007 product key from your existing PC using Belarc Advisor - http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

2. The Windows 8 PC will undoubtedly have a trial version of Office 2013. This must be uninstalled before you can install 2007 or there will be conflicts in the activation settings.
Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In addition to Graham's suggestion about Belarc Advisor, if you have saved important email on your old computer, you may be able to find the message in which you were sent the license key.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just bought MS Professional Plus 2013 Office for home use for my Windows 8 machine.  I have trying to open my old MS Word 97-2003 files but it opens a file conversion window with garbage stating Select encoding Windows MS-DOS etc and Preview is garbage with safeguard FileEncryption...in English.

I have installed compatibility pack for the 2007 office system from MS site but the problem still persists.  Did I install a wrong pack?  Please provide a link to correct this problem.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Whatwaver:

SUGGESTION: Start a New Question

Please post this as a new question so more people will see it and provide you with potential answers. Very few of us look at old answered questions .

By posting a new question you can provide us with required version information and a FULL description of the situation. We need enough info that we can try to recreate the problem, which is the first step in trouble shooting!

At the top of this page, just below the "Microsoft Community" logo there are some hidden drop down menu links. Click on Participate > then click on "Ask a Question".  The more details you provide us with about what steps you took and what you expected to see and what you actually saw, including the FULL and Exact Error message text, the better, more specific replies we can provide.

The "compatibility pack" will not help 2013. It is intended for 2003 (and earlier) to be enable them to open the new "x-file" formats.

There are a couple of things you can try:

File menu > Options command > Advanced option > General section.  Turn off "confirm file format conversion at open".  Hopefully this will stop the dialog (but I suspect it may not).

Also check

Options command > Trust Center Option > Trust Center Settings ... button > File Block Settings option.  Make sure that the "Open" check boxes beside "Word 2003 ..." files is NOT checked (I suspect that has already been done).

If the problem persists, it suggests that the file structure has been corrupted.

Try using the File Open dialog, select the file name, then click on the drop down arrow beside the "Open" button, and select "Open and Repair" to see if that helps.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 30, 2022 Views 3,005 Applies to: