Touch swipping/scrolling issues using Word 2007

Split from this thread.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Word. Also made sure I had all updates and restarted the SP3, still no luck. I am using Word 2007 Office Home and Student. In a 189 page document, two-finger scrolling with the touchpad does not work, and scrolling by swiping the screen does not work. Swiping the screen results in automatically selecting text instead of scrolling.

After uninstalling and reinstalling Scrivener the two-finger scroll on the touchpad works in long documents , but scrolling by swiping the screen still automatically selects text instead of scrolling when the document gets too long.

At least Scrivener is bit more useable now, though. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

Is this a PC you upgraded to win8 from win7 or was it supplied with win8 preinstalled?

If an upgraded PC, if you reinstall chipset, any graphic drivers & any touchpad drivers from the PC makers site, does that help?

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Don't know if this is your problem, but I couldn't touch scroll through my  Word documents, but could scroll through other apps on my laptop, hence I knew the problem was with Word Office. I checked my QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) and discovered that the "autoscroll" button had been enabled. I removed it from the QAT and voila! Problem solved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 2, 2022 Views 384 Applies to: