Text boxes in a Word 2007 table shift

I have a table which is laid out to use as a job application. I used text boxes in the different sections to input my personal information.

What I've run into is: when I print it or convert it to a .pdf document, a few, but not most, of the text box information is shifting down.

I've adjusted those text boxes in the Word document to be correctly located, but still when printed or converted to .pdf, those text boxes are still shown as shifted down.

Oh, also it happens when I convert the Word document to a .xps document.

Why are only those specific text boxes doing that and how can I fix it?

Another question: I have legal copies of both Office 2007 as well as Office 2010, would it make any difference to use Word 2010 instead?

Why are you using text boxes instead of just typing directly in the table? Or do you mean text form fields? If the text boxes are wrapped rather than inline, they will be more likely to shift.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I guess I mean text form fields. Here's an example, I just used Snipping Tool to make:

The reason I used text form fields ( I thought they are text boxes ) is because I saved what is originally in Adobe Acrobat to a Word document.

The section titles ( Employer, telephone, etc. ) are part of the table. I figured by typing straight into each section, at the font height I want, it would also change the heading font heights, too.

But, yes, some other of the addresses and such, they are wrapped because of room constraints. The only other issue I've had is, some of these addresses, employer names, etc., from my employment background are not wrapped and some of those shifted, too.

Is there any way to make this work?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It would be easier to see exactly what you have if you put a copy of the form in a folder on your OneDrive that you share and put a link to the folder back here.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What you have in the document are actually Text Boxes, but they need not be and it would have been better to have just typed directly into the cells of the table.  To use a 10 pt size font as you have however, it will be necessary to change the properties of the table rows so that they are not set to an Exact height and it would also be best to split apart some of the merged cells where the label for the data is in 6pt type at the top of the merged cell
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I understand what you're talking about. If I un-merge the cells where the text boxes are, I can then make my info 10 pt and not affect the labels?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 403 Applies to: