How to continue values from one column of a table to the next?

I have data that fits in two columns (say Weight and Height - quite narrow columns). So instead of fitting the table in many pages in portrait I would like to have the two sets of columns continuing in the same page  as new columns 3 & 4 and then 5 & 6 in landscape mode  and after that if the page doesn't fit the values shall continue in the next page with the same header. Is that possible at all in word. I have word 2003 and word 2007 access.
I know of no way to do this within Word, but it is quite simple to do in Excel. If you need Word, could you put an Excel table in your Word document?
Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I guess that would do. Could you please tell me how to do that..?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can do this with a combination of table and newspaper-style columns. Your best bet is to format the page columns first. On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click on Columns and select the desired number. Then insert your two-column table, which will be constrained to the column width. Mark the first row as a header row, and it will be carried over to the next column when the first column is filled.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can:
  • Insert next page section beaks before and after the table.
  • With the cursor in the section that contains the table, change the page orientation to landscape and Set the columns to the number you want.
  • The width  of the gutter between columns (Word ambiguously calls it spacing) is .5"--way too large if you are creating a technical or other formal document and will limit the number of columns you can get on the page.
  • Adjust the spacing  in the Columns dialog to .25 or .3 (if you agree with me).  Note the column width, and be sure that the Equal column width box is checked. OK out of the  dialog.
  • Back in the table,  adjust its width to be equal to or less than the column width. 

Hope this helps

Pamelia Caswell

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 3,722 Applies to: