Clear Font & Paragraph formatting

I have to create 100's CVs
Mostly from pre-formatted documents

I want to 
  1. Clear all text formatting
  2. Clear all paragraph formatting (line spacing)
  3. Set margins
  4. Set whole document to Arial 12

I plan to record a macro
Only thing I cant find is (2) a method of clearing all paragraph formatting back to default - I see a default button but the prompt/warning seems to suggest that it wants to update the default settings from the selection instead of apply them to the selection

Question - how do i clear all Paragraqph formatting back to default?

CTRL+Q will clear manually applied paragraph formatting.  CTRL+spacebar will clear manually applied font formatting.

Sounds like what you should be doing is defining a Style (or Styles) that contain the formatting that you want and apply them to the respecting parts of the CVs

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

CTRL+Q will clear manually applied paragraph formatting.  CTRL+spacebar will clear manually applied font formatting.

Sounds like what you should be doing is defining a Style (or Styles) that contain the formatting that you want and apply them to the respecting parts of the CVs

Thanks - It's taken me a while to try this out and first thing I notice is it doesn't reset line spacing which should default to single - which leads me to suspect it prolly doesn't reset other paragraph formatting that is not immediately apparent

Just wondered whether there is any command/instruction/combination to reset paragraph settings to default (as per normal template)

if you have any thoughts that would be great

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the paragraphs are in the Normal style, and that style is defined (in the document) as single-spaced, then Ctrl+Q will reset them. If they're in another style, then what you want is not ResetPara but ClearFormatting. To use this, Ctrl+A to select the entire document, Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S to display the Styles pane, and then click Clear All at the top of the pane. This applies the Normal style to all the content, but note that it is the Normal style as defined in the document, so if that Normal has been modified, you'll have to reset the style formatting before using Clear All.
Microsoft MVP (Word) since 1999
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://ssbarnhill.com
http://wordfaqs.ssbarnhill.com
Screen shots captured with TechSmith's Snagit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 935 Applies to: