Shockwave Flash not working in ANY browser in Windows 10

Since I downloaded Windows 10, suddenly the flash player is not working in either Explorer Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. I get the "Shockwave Player is unresponsive" message at the top of each browser window, and the browser freezes.

I've read that Edge and Firefox include flash in the browser by default. However neither are working. I downloaded both Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave Flash Player... no change - even though I get the confirmation that the installation was successful.

I'm at a loss --- I know this is the Technical Preview board, but you seem to be the only ones addressing the Windows 10 element of this problem.  

It seems like this is a Windows 10 issue - NOT a browser issue, since it occurs in all 3 of my browsers. This is an issue for me that needs to be resolved soon. Any ideas?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would require some more information to assist you better, to assist you better, and please provide few details.

1. What is the make & model of the computer?
  2. Do you get any error message while opening flash player?

I suggest you to place your computer in clean boot to find if any third party applications conflicting.

Method: 1

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

Clean boot:

Please follow the link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished clean boot, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.
a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.
c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart

Method: 2

App Trouble Shooter for Windows 10:

Run App Troubleshooter:

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

Please find the steps below for App troubleshooter:

1. In the search tab type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
  2. Select System and security.
  3. Click Windows update troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

40 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2021 Views 21,805 Applies to: