Bing not returning results on basic searches.

I'm having a strange problem with bing right now. Trying to do some searches on things. When I search up keywords, I get that there are "no results". If I add a random letter or something at the end, it will bring up all the results that should've appeared in the first place. This is happening in Chrome, searching through the search bar. It also happens if I search thorugh bing itself. I can't reproduce it, it just happens. One other thing is that sometimes I'll look something up, Say, "Cat toys for sale", under it it will say "No results for cat toys for sale. Showing results for cat toys allergies" (Just an example, didn't have that actually happen.) But it will say no results, still display correct results (as in, all my results are about cat toys for sale) but it'll still give me the warning under the search bar saying that my original search returned no results, and that it's displaying results from a somewhat related search, but in reality it's giving me the original results I wanted. This just started happening today, and I'm hoping it's just a hiccup, but it's pretty annoying. Image below to show my first problem. Edit: Got a screencap of the second problem.

Answer
Answer
I can reproduce this behavior if I search implicitly for a data range (e.g. within 24 hours). Even though the date filter is not listed within the search tools found below the search bar. I've found that clicking the magnifying glass at the right to redo the search without a data criteria is sufficient to produce full search results and a data filter for something like within 7 days can be applied.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2023 Views 4,527 Applies to: