XBox One controller drivers on Windows 7

This may seem old, but lately I got an XBox One controller for the PC (Windows 7), yet it does not work, as I do not have the drivers for it.

I tried to install them through Windows Update, which is supposedly the only way to get them, but it did not find any. Likewise, tried to download some (or else, the only one that was repeated over and over again throughout many sites), but it still did not work. The odd thing is that, for some reason, the controller did work in another computer, this one with Windows 10.

Is there any chance that certain drivers are locked from certain versions of Windows? I tried to copy said drivers from the Windows 10 version into the Windows 7, but it still did not work at all.

Is there any solution to this? i.e A way to manually download them? 

Hi,

Did you get this to work?  When Microsoft first released the driver/s for the Xbox One controller they were available from a download page, this page has now been removed.  The official way to download the drive is via Windows Update.  If you have automatic updates on, when you connect the controller to a PC it should automatically download the required driver.

If you're downloading the driver from some other website or link, be aware that there are two versions for Windows 7, a 32 bit and 64 bit.  You need to download the version that fits your Windows Install.  If your computer is new and has at least 8 GB of RAM, it will be the 64 bit version. 

Windows 10 already has drivers for all Xbox controllers built in to the OS, which is why the controller works straight away on Win 10 machines.  The Windows 10 driver can not be used on Windows 7.

此回复已帮助 20 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

I'm having the same issue and cannot solve it. 

The device is displayed correctly under bluetooth, but not in device manager so i cannot update the driver manually and the downloads failed to fix the problem.

Windows 7

Xbox One controller

going mad here

此回复已帮助 9 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

Are you trying to connect the Xbox One controller to your Windows 7 PC with a wired or wireless (Bluetooth) connection?
Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows is not set to automatically download device software, you can check for updates through Device Manager.

Update drivers through Device Manager

Here’s how to check for updates manually in the Device Manager:

1. Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search.
  2. Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    Note Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
  3. Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
  4. Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.

With Xbox Wireless or USB connections, you can connect 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time. You won’t get audio through the controller so there’s no need to connect a headset. Bluetooth connections are not supported.

Notes

• If the controller doesn't respond, try a different micro-USB cable.
  • To use your Xbox Wireless Controller with your console after using it with a PC, you must re-sync the controller to the console. You can do this by using the wireless sync button or a USB cable. For details, see Connect a wireless Xbox One controller to your console.
  • This information applies only to Xbox One Wireless Controllers. For help with other gamepads or joysticks or for information on configuring a specific game so that you can play it with a controller, refer to the manufacturer’s website.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

If the driver is still not updating through Device Manager, then there seems to be some unofficial workaround (although, I'm not going to suggest them since they would obviously not be recommended by Microsoft.

From searching around the net it seems like quite a few are having this problem, and some seem to be suggesting Microsoft removed all official download sources for this driver, and eventually "broke" the Windows update for the driver.

Not a Microsoft Employee. Just a fellow member of the community that likes to help out every now and then.

此回复已帮助 4 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

The device is displayed correctly under bluetooth, but not in device manager so i cannot update the driver manually and the downloads failed to fix the problem.

Windows 7

Xbox One controller

going mad here

Oh.. I just noticed this is an old topic.

Instead of bumping an old topic, you might have better luck if you create your own topic that explains your issue.

Not a Microsoft Employee. Just a fellow member of the community that likes to help out every now and then.

此回复已帮助 1 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

Please don't bump old posts as it is against forum rules. If you are still having trouble please start a new thread and we will gladly help you out.
Christyna

此回复已帮助 1 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

The device is displayed correctly under bluetooth, ...

Windows 7

Xbox One controller

going mad here

As the others already said: Don't bump old threads, and create your own thread for this topic. 

But to give you a nudge in the right direction:

You can't use Xbox One controllers on Windows 7 via Bluetooth. Windows 7 supports the controller ONLY via USB cord or the Xbox Wireless Adapter. Make sure it's NOT the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (as this also only works on Windows 10), and not the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. 

Also, if your PC supports it, you can still try to install Windows 10, and supply your Windows 7 serial number to license it. 

Do it before January 2020, as Windows 7 then leaves support and won't get any security updates anymore!

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

此回复已帮助 3 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

Hey there, 

We will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is on going, we recommend creating a new thread detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.  

Thank you!  

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

此回复已帮助 2 个人

·

这是否解决了你的问题?

抱歉,这没有帮助。

太好了!感谢你做出的回答。

你对此回复的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈,它能帮助我们改进网站。

你对此响应的满意度如何?

感谢你的反馈。

问题信息

最近更新 2020/10/28 32,982 次浏览 适用于: