Font changes within Outlook emails

While I'm intrigued and marginally entertained by the fanciful way that Outlook opts to change the font type & sizes within text of my emails, sometimes I'd just like it to be "helpful" and consistently default to my preferred Font/Size[Arial 10pt]

Any possibly way, from my position as a client, that I can get Outlook to cooperate?

BTW - I do use a 'signature' which I prefer to have in a different size & color ... to clearly distinguish it from the texts of my emails!!

Guidance ... Anyone?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi sookie(2),

Thank you for contacting Microsoft support. I understand that you want to create a default font and signature when composing emails in Outlook.com, let me assist you regarding this matter.

To create a default font and signature for your outgoing emails in Outlook.com, please refer to the steps below:

1. On your Inbox, click the gear icon beside your name on the upper right part of the page, and select More mail settings.
  2. Under Writing email, click Message font and signature.
  3. Under Message font, select the font size and the type of font that you want when you are creating an email.
  4. Under Personal signature, type in the signature that you want to appear in your outgoing emails. Select a type of font, font size, and color.
  5. Click Save once you're done.

I hope this helps. If you have other concerns, feel free to post it on this thread.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Welcome to the club! This has been an ongoing issue with Outlook since it was launched with numerous complaints that have yet to be resolved nor does it appear to be a Microsoft priority.  Not only do I correspond with businesses and organizations but I also have several people I must correspond with who have visual problems and require a minimum font size in Bold and since the launch of this nightmare called Outlook the majority of my emails have arrived in their inboxes with sentences or entire paragraphs that is not the font I had set. Not only does it appear unprofessional the people with visual problems have been unable to read some or most of what was sent.  It has gotten so bad that I now regularly compose emails as attachments so they can be read or arrive in a professional format.  Unfortunately all my work and research are tied to this account which I've had for nearly a decade and changing to another provider with be extremely difficult and probably result in some lost work and contacts later on!  Thanks Microsoft for nothing!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey John Paul, As numerous threads on this issue have shown since Outlook's launch this program is lousy at best.  You can save all the the settings you want and even repeat doing it but it doesn't stop Outlook from changing the font, font sizes and other specialized setting while composing, saving or sending emails.  Does Microsoft really give a rat about the problems this program has created? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi dedted29,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query as we are currently receiving a high volume of support request.

Let me assist you on this matter and rest assured that I will definitely do my best to help you in rectifying this issue.

As our initial troubleshooting process, I highly suggest that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser.

For assistance in clearing cache and cookies on various browsers refer to the link provided below:

Clear browser's cache

We also recommend that you keep your web browser up to date to get the most out of Outlook experience. If you’re not using an updated browser, some parts of Outlook might not work and it might not display properly. For more information about this, please visit the help article below:

Which browsers are supported by SkyDrive, People and Outlook.com?

After doing so, please try to change again your font settings and see if the problem still persist.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to reply here and we will further assist you. We'd love to hear from you again.

Thanks!

Regards,
Dhenz S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dhenz, If moderators would read the numerous threads on this issue and stop replying with the same "canned" replies that have been done repeatedly even before posting the boards and as the threads show this does not "fix" the problems! It's not the browsers but the program. It has been apparent for months that the moderators have as much technical experience or skill as the majority of people who post to these boards with the numerous issues that we are experiencing with Outlook since the replies are typical of what most users already know. The issue with the fonts was supposed to have been escalated over a month ago and we've yet to see anything that indicates that Microsoft is in fact trying to fix the ghastly program! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi dedted29,

Thank you for your response. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query as we are currently receiving a high volume of support request. I just would like to verify if you have already done the steps provided by the previous moderators.

Also, please provide us a screenshot of the issue on the private message that I have started. I have also included in the private message the instructions on how to obtain the needed information. Click on the red link just above your post to view the message. Take note that you need to log in to the Microsoft Community first for you to view the link.

We're looking forward for your response. Your cooperation regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried those steps ....  No joy!  

Still misbehaving, per my trouble description!
I'm becoming increasingly cynical every day; It's just so damn hard keeping up!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi sookie(2),

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query as we are currently receiving a high volume of support request.

We greatly appreciate your time and efforts for getting back to us and for letting us know that the solutions provided didn't resolve this issue.

In order for us to properly address your concern, please provide an answer to the following questions that I have outlined below:

• Have you tried to access your Microsoft account using a different computer and web browser to see if the problem still persist?
  • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your Font settings and compose page indicating that the font is not working properly for us to have a clear view of it?
  • Do other Microsoft accounts encounter the same issue when using your computer?

I've provided a private message where you can input those information asked above in a private and secure way. Please make sure that you are currently signed in to view the private message and reply on this post to notify us that the required information has been provided.

We await to hear from you and look forward to resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Dhenz S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Sookie(2), I have once again provided screen shots of the problems and included the screen shots of the coding that shows that my settings have reverted to what appears to be the Microsoft settings for fonts which is Calibri.  I can't believe that Microsoft created a program in which the "master font" and size can't be reset by a user and hold that setting.  Not only is it not a typical font used in correspondence but for my visually impaired contacts it's completely illegible!  Worse emails are arriving in the most unprofessional formats which has caused me grief as well!    I don't believe Microsoft cares whether users are happy with the product or not since no one from Microsoft itself has bothered to respond to the numerous problems with their horrendous program! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We apologize for the delay in response. We understand your concern about not being able to set the fonts for your emails.  Please provide the following information in order to investigate your issues:

• Does the same issue happen when you access your account through a different browser?
  • Does the same issue happen when you access your account through a different computer? Internet connection?

We suggest that you access your account in Internet Explorer browser to check if  the issue still persists. Also, in order for us to better understand the root cause of the issue, may we ask the email address that you're having problems with for investigation.

You can post the email address on the private message that I've provided.  Private message tab is located at the top of your post.  Please make sure that you're signed in to this forum to view the link.

We suggest that to please send us your ideas, requests or comments about Outlook.com You can post your suggestion and comments on this link:

Windows Feedback

If you have any clarifications with your account please post again on this forum. Your cooperation and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 444 Applies to: