How to remove or delete xbox account from Microsoft Account without deleting my whole Microsoft account

First off this isn't or shouldn't be rocket science but I can't find a solution.

I have 2 microsoft accounts each with their own xbox profile, we'll call them Act.1 and Act.2

I use the email on Act.1 as my primary email account, it has all of my contacts, I use it to apply for jobs etc... I don't however use the xbox profile on it, I made it back when the 360 was still fairly new, didn't like my original GamerTag so I created a new microsoft account Act.2

I use my xbox account on Act.2 I don't use the email ever, I don't need this microsoft account but I need/want my xbox profile its my oldest one that I've used continuously.

How do I remove the xbox profile from the microsoft account I do use, so I can then add the xbox account I do use to it so that I can have everything I use all in the same place.

Do I need to call someone? I tried contact and it won't give me a number for this issue. Everywhere says in order to delete an xbox profile I need to delete the microsoft account associated with it, which seems totally ridiculous I NEED my microsoft account as is, I DONT need the xbox profile attached to it

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this
B.CIESIELSKI

I don’t like to give bad news but nope. Unfortunately there is no way to delete only the Xbox profile from your Microsoft account.
The Xbox profile and other services like Skype, Onedrive, office365 are linked with your Microsoft account and can’t be deleted separately as well

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, this is unfortunate. It seems like this is an issue that plenty of people have. I'm not sure if your role has some form of internal reporting to highlight issues that customers are having, but if there is I would suggest highlighting this fact so that it can be fixed and implemented. From my web searches it seems like it has been an issue for years and the programmers/developers have yet to address it.

67 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, to be honest I don't think that something like this can be implemented soon due to security reasons.
For example, what if someone stole your account and impersonate you to migrate only your xbox profile and purchases to a completely different account?

If you look the transfer option in that way, I think that it makes more sense (or at least for me)

In any case, the best option to share this feedback / idea with Microsoft is using the feedback hub app.
If maybe you need detailed steps on how to do that, check this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

By the way, thanks for your understanding

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 42,144 Applies to: