locked out of my account

Okay, so I recently had to update my security proofs for my account. I signed in using my current email not knowing if it would work because I couldn't remember what my Microsoft account as. It did work so I assumed that it was the right Microsoft account. I still couldn't sign in to my Xbox account so I looked on the forums and someone said to delete my profile, clear the cache three times and then re-download it. I did that and was asked to give the Microsoft account email and password for the account I wanted to download. I did and it gave me an old silver account I made years ago that i don't use. So i called customer support and they said that I needed remember what email I used when I created the account. That was nearly 7 years ago when I was 13 and haven't used it since. I don't even know if it exist anymore. The guy also said I could give him the phone number I used for that account but that was disconnected years ago. So I asked him if he could verify my account by the credit card that's currently paying for my account. But of course that makes to much sense and he said no. So now I am locked out of my account and I cant sign on or access any of my saves. So all the games I played over the past 7 years memory are gone. Now I know I probably wont get a solution here but I just want to know something. How could something like this even happen and how come I haven't heard this happen to anyone else? Its very easy to forget an email you made years ago when you were just a young kid and get a phone number changed. Why is there no other way to verify that its my account? There has to be something because if that's it then I am locked out of my account and everything I have done on it forever. If nothing can be done than I am going to file a complaint, ask for a refund on the 12 month subscription I bought and the black ops 2 season pass that I cant use. If this has happen'd to anyone else please let me know what you did.

Hello,

Sorry, if you're not able to verify the details for the gamertag that you're giving to the representative then there is no way they can give you the e-mail that is associated with that account.

This is done for security purposes, and also to stop anyone from being able to simply give a representative a gamertag and get an e-mail out of it. It may be very easy to forget an e-mail address made years ago, but it's the customers obligation to update their information as they move from place to place. Microsoft even goes the extra mile to warn customers from time to time to update their security information. It may be a hassle, but it prevents issues like the one you're in from occurring.

Until you're able to remember the information that was on that account that you're trying to find the e-mail of, you won't be able to get that information from a Microsoft Xbox Support agent. There are also no refunds on purchased content, as well as on the gold subscriptions if you can't even give phone support information in regards to the account.

Sorry. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i get that but there are other ways that could verify me as the account owner, such as the credit card that is currently paying for the account. i could very easily show them that information. or show them a phone bill that has the disconnected number on it with the name and number of the account holder.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They have their own security policies in place, I understand that's frustrating but you'd need to give them the information that's on the file of that account and whatever else they ask for. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this but you won't be able to get access to that e-mail until you're able to do so.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well i believe the email was deleted along time ago or i just have no idea what it is. the policy is flawed because i have ways of identifying myself as the account holder but they would rather have me tell them an email that hasn't been used in years or might not exist anymore. i have had many problems in the past with xbox and its always been confusing nonsense that could have been easily settled if there wasn't so much bureaucracy involved. so i believe im going to get rid of my xbox and start over with playstation. half of my friends have done it because they were fed up with microsoft and have had no complaints since. so microsoft you just lost another customer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar situation

I am locked out of my account basically..

I'd go to sign in, put my password in then it comes up with security info thing where it texts a code to my number

But that number isn't mine, it is my boyfriends. (I used his number coz I had very bad phone service) and he has lost his phone so now I can't get the code to sign in....

Do you know how to change that number (if you even can) ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there BlindDoughnut19!

Sorry to hear you're locked out of your account! I suggest contacting our chat or phone support agents through our Contact Us page so they can assist in starting the account recovery process. Since this is an older thread, be sure to post a new thread if you need assistance in the future! :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 102 Applies to: