4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

Hello,

I recently purchased a new XBox One S and am having problems playing the 4K UHD Blu-Ray version of The Revenant. The picture is frequently stuttering. dropping frames, etc. The picture will seem to freeze for a half-second, then skip ahead a half second or so while the audio remains constant. This starts within the first five minutes and happens throughout the film. The disc is brand new, just purchased this past weekend.

Please note that I tried playing the regular Blu-ray version that came with the purchase of the Revenant, with no problems. I also watched three other Blu-Ray movies, with no issues with stuttering or dropped frames. The only movie I'm having issues with is the 4K UHD Blu-Ray version of the Revenant. I don't own any other 4K UHD Blu-Rays to test.

Also, the version of the XBox Blu-Ray app is the most recent version - I just deleted the app and redownloaded it yesterday. My Vizio TV is showing that it is receiving a 4K HDR signal from the XBox when the Revenant is playing.

Here are some other things I have tried:

-Two different HDMI cables (including the one provided by XBox) going from the XBox to the Vizio

-A hard reset

-Disabling and reenabling many settings, including 4K and 24Hz on the XBox

-Switching the XBox resolution to output a 1080p signal instead of 4K

-Turning off the BD Live capability on the XBox

-Making the XBox go offline (and unplugging the network cable) and playing the movie

The issue still persists regardless of what I try.

If someone could please advise how to solve this problem, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

* Попробуйте выбрать меньший номер страницы.

* Введите только числа.

* Введите только числа.

Update: I tried the 4K UHD Blu-Ray version of the Martian (brand new), and the same problem occurred. Stuttering and dropped frames with HDR enabled on the XBox, and flawless playing with HDR turned off. Once again, auto brightness was turned off, motion smoothing features turned off, my Vizio P55-C1 definitely supports HDR10 (it's getting an HDR signal from the XBox when I have HDR turned on) and firmware updates for the TV are automatic.

Это помогло устранить вашу проблему?

К сожалению, это не помогло.

Великолепно! Спасибо, что пометили это как ответ.

Насколько Вы удовлетворены этим ответом?

Благодарим за отзыв, он поможет улучшить наш сайт.

Благодарим за отзыв.

Hello, I have just tried the Revenant UHD Blu Ray on my Sony X85C and found flickering/stuttering 20 minutes in on HDR 4k.

Don't know if its the disc, the cables (which are latest spec) or the firmware of the xbox or tv.

Благодарим за отзыв.

Hello guys,

This problem is not with your Tv (mine is vizio m70-d3) or disc. It is a problem with the XBOX one S. I have had the same problem ever since I received my xbox. Tried two UHD discs, MAD MAX and Superman v. Batman. Both will play for a few minutes flawlessly, color looks amazing. But then after a few minutes, the picture with stutter (go black for a sec or two). It will repeatedly do that. Xbox suggestion to switch the xbox to 1080p and leaving the tv on 4k setting does not fix the problem. I am using the cable the xbox came with. I have connected it into the correct port on my tv. I will admit that everything else with the xbox works perfectly so far. Microsoft should know about this problem now, and should be working on some kind of firmware update to fix this. Until then, I am using the VUDU app to watch 4k hdr movies, since the code that comes with the UHD discs will unlock the 4k version on the app. But too bad that VUDU on xbox is not 4k yet, so using Googlecast built in to the Vizio tvs. Looks freaking great but requires using much gigs of data over internet, so please hurry up Microsoft with fixing this 4k BD problem with your brand new Xbox. Especially since Microsoft decided to take a shot at Sony for releasing their new PS without 4k hdr disc playback capability.  

Благодарим за отзыв.

Thanks for the information EmbodiedAlarm33,

What you'll want to do is in the Advanced video settings, uncheck Allow 50Hz. Sometimes what happens is if a UHD Blu-ray doesn't support 50Hz it will try to insert frames into the video to compensate and this causes the stuttering effect.

To clarify for anyone else reading this post it's in Settings > Display & sound > Video output > Advanced video settings.

Please try to uncheck Allow 50Hz and let us know if that helps. If not, also try the 24Hz option to see if that has an effect.

Let us know how it goes!

Этот ответ помог 2 польз.

·

Благодарим за отзыв.

Thanks for responding. In my XBox, the 50Hz option is grayed out - I don't have the option to change it. I've also tried unchecking 24Hz, and that results in a washed-out, almost colorless picture. In addition, when I play a 4k UHD Blu-Ray with 24Hz unchecked, and HDR enabled, my Vizio P55-C1 shows that it is not receiving an HDR signal (in addition to the picture looking bad), so unchecking 24Hz is not an option for me.

For Vizio owners, the Vizio CTO recently posted this update that they are working on a fix for HDR10, as it relates to the XBox, so perhaps this may help, but it would be great if Microsoft could continue looking into the issue as well:

www.avsforum.com/.../2378658-official-vizio-2016-p-series-owners-thread-uhd-hdr-dv-no-price-talk-please-994.html

"The second is 4:2:0 HDR10 which is manifesting itself on the Xbox. We were surprised that the Xbox would use the lower quality chroma output and at 60fps (as you know other sources chose better output formats). For instance, when you stream Netflix app the Xbox is actually converting 24p to 60p and outpouring it in 4:2:0. A rework to our HDR10 video pipeline is under way to handle this one format much better. The code is already working - saw it last week and it looks great. The code is being integrated into our main branch and will then go through regression testing before release. As part of this work we are separating the HDR10 PQ settings from DolbyVision - so when this code is released you will have 3 sub parts of each major PQ mode (SDR, HDR10, and DV) which was another request from several posters here on AVS.

As part of this release that includes the 4:4:4 and 4:2:0 HDR10 changes... we are working on further improvements to DolbyVision, set up experience, on screen menus, couple of remaining ACR updates and other general improvements."

Благодарим за отзыв.

JUST IN CASE THIS HELPS ANYONE:

I had many stuttering problems with movies in the Blu Ray app, both 4k and 1080 (can't tell you if DVD as well, haven't watched one in a while). Like many of you I tried cables, ports, any setting I could think of.

Finally switched this one ON on my Scorpio and everything is running happily:

Settings -> Disc & Blu Ray -> Blu Ray -> Let my receiver decode audio

Ended up being the same thing for my bro's XB1S as well. Obviously you'll have to tinker with something else down the line that will be different from my setup, but this will make movies work (maybe, if you have the same problem as I did).

ATTN SUPPORT YOU HAVE A WORKAROUND AND AND BUG TO REPORT THANK YOU :)

For reference: Xb1x scorpio edition, hdmi to lg b7 oled, optical out to denon for audio

Этот ответ помог 6 польз.

·

Благодарим за отзыв.

Spent 2 and a half hours after this last update ruined everything.

Fix for me:

Uninstall/reinstall BluRay App

Set playback to stereo (Temporarily)

Disable 24hz, Disable 50hz, Enable HDR, Disable Amp controlling playback (under bluray)

- Shutdown xbox

- Power on xbox

- start playing any Bluray/UHD BluRay.

- Aslong as this works, start turning on features again

- Rewind UHD to begining, set your surround sound/atmos/amp decode audio.

Благодарим за отзыв.

You need to check tv setting sometimes motion blur causes trouble on this matter!!

Благодарим за отзыв.

Hi Guys!

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you guys haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you! 

Best wishes,
-L ᕦ {≷• ܫ•≶}ᕤ

Благодарим за отзыв.

* Введите только числа.

* Введите только числа.

Сведения о вопросе

Последнее обновление 9 августа, 2020 Просмотры 7 724 Относится к: