I have xbox one, what do i have to do to play xbox live multiplayer games?

I would like to play multiplayer games on my xbox one console but am new to this. Is there anything i need besides xbox live gold account?

I have xbox live just not gold version. Are there any hardware items i need besides my xbox console? Thanks

|

You would just need a Gold subscription.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Ja
Nee

Helaas heeft het niet geholpen.

Prima! Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback.

Hoe tevreden bent u met dit antwoord?

Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback. Daarmee kunnen we de site verbeteren.

Hartelijk dank voor uw feedback.

Hi Brayden,

Just to add to what Smwutches said above, also make sure your account privacy settings allow you to play online.

Privacy settings to enable online multiplayer:

“Join multiplayer games” - set to allow.

And if you want to play with friends outside of Xbox Live (cross-play):

“You can play with players outside of Xbox Live“ - set to allow

Note: If you’re on a child account, an adult in your Microsoft family will need to sign in and adjust your privacy settings. Also make sure to select ‘submit’ to confirm and save any account changes.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-online-safety-and-privacy-settings-xbox-one

If you experience any issues connecting to an online game, refer to this multiplayer troubleshooting page:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

So to confirm, all you’ll need to play online multiplayer games:

- Allow the above privacy settings

- Xbox Live Gold subscription (although free to play games will soon no longer require a Gold subscription to play online as confirmed here)

- Internet connection to Xbox Live, preferably with an Open NAT type

- A console and profile with no enforcement action affecting online multiplayer

You don’t need any additional hardware for this, although I would recommend getting a headset if you don’t have one already. A headset improves your gaming experience and allows you to communicate with friends easier :)

Hope this helps!

Always happy to help :)

RainingRoses
Xbox Ambassador

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Ja
Nee

Yes you need to go to Walmart or target and get a live gold gift card with 1 month 3 months or the whole 12 months. Whatever length you want you buy.  (They come in preset time increments.)  And purchase that and go to the proper settings to add the back of the card numbers. And then you'll be able to connect with friends via game chat etc.  Without live. Gold you won't get these options. 

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Ja
Nee

Yes you need to go to Walmart or target and get a live gold gift card with 1 month 3 months or the whole 12 months. Whatever length you want you buy.  (They come in preset time increments.)  And purchase that and go to the proper settings to add the back of the card numbers. And then you'll be able to connect with friends via game chat etc.  Without live. Gold you won't get these options. 

You don’t necessarily need to go to a store to purchase an Xbox subscription or gift card, this can simply be done on your Microsoft account. This way you can have a recurring subscription, like Netflix, where you don’t need to redeem a code all the time. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/gold

If you want the actual code for a subscription or gift card, perhaps you want to gift it to a friend or prefer to have prepaid time, then you can purchase digital codes on the Microsoft website or other genuine sites like Amazon. You’ll be emailed a digital code, which can then be redeemed on your account through the Microsoft store.

Alternatively, select “buy as a gift”, when managing your own subscription, to send it to a friend.

Also, if you have Microsoft Rewards, you can redeem your points for subscriptions and gift cards for free :)

Always happy to help :)

RainingRoses
Xbox Ambassador

1 persoon vond dit antwoord nuttig

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

Ja
Nee

Vraaggegevens

Laatst bijgewerkt 18 augustus 2021 Weergaven 61 Van toepassing op: