Xiaomi Notebook Pro i7 GTX1050 Random Double Mouse Clicks

Hi there,

I have bought a Xiaomi Notebook Pro i7 GTX 1050 2019 in March 2019 with Windows 10 (Chinese, converted it to English straight away).
I also bought a external Bluetooth mouse: Xiaomi Mi portable Bluetooth / RF mouse

Since using an external mouse I've been experiencing double clicks (more often now then a year ago) which drives me absolutely mad.
This happens during browsing the web, editing a MS Word document etcetera. Even when the mouse can click even while hovering.

1. I've tried multipe mouses (Dell MS111 = my current USB 2.0 mouse / Logitech RS250 USB 2.0 / HP Optical Mouse M-UAE96 USB 2.0 / Xiaomi Mi portable Bluetooth - RF mouse)
  2. I've set up that the touchpad doesn't work when a USB mouse is attached (so it cant be possibly the touchpad, both with the FN key combination and in Windows mouse settings)
  3. I've checked Windows Update for Windows updates in general (and used the control panel > mouse > hardware and Windows Device Manager aswell to look for updates)
  4. I've tried the multiple different USB ports on my Xiaomi laptop
  5. I'm currently using a Dell D3100 docking station, tried multiple ports on the docking station there as well
  6. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mouse drivers in Windows Device Manager (2 of the HID drivers are pretty old, from 2006, the other one is because of the Dell 3100 Docking station??)
  7. I've tried adjusting the double-click speed setting for your mouse is too low or high or in the middle.
  8. Press the right click button and
    hold-it, turn the mouse off and on, leave the right mouse button pressed while clicking on the left click button 5 times
    Quit pressing the right click button and turn the mouse off.
    Click and hold the right mouse button, turn the mouse on and finally release the right mouse button.
  9. Check if Single-clicking is enabled in the Control panel > Advanced mouse options
  10. Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
  11. Change power management settings for USB Root Hub in Device Manager: > Powermanagement > and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  12. Repeat the same steps for all USB Root Hub devices listed in the Device Manager.
  13. Change power management settings for HID compliant USB in Device Manager: > Powermanagement > and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  14. Go to Pointer Options tab and uncheck Enhance pointer precision feature. Click on Apply and OK to save changes.

Because it doesn't matter if I use a Bluetooth mouse or multiple different USB mouses I'm suspecting its down to the Windows mouse drivers in combination with the Xiaomi motherboard.
Whats remarkable is that in Windows Device Manager it has 3 HID-compliant mouse drivers under Mice and other poiting devices. Is this a possible clue for the solution? When you delete 2 of them or all of them they all reappear when you reboot your Windows again.
This doesn't provide any possible solutions either: https://www.gearbest.com/blog/new-gear/why-does-the-mouse-appear-double-click-micromotion-is-not-the-only-reason-6231
Cant see any oxidation of all the USB ports (on a laptop of not even 1 year and always used inside??) Windows Defender has never reported any virusus etc.
This is what https://windowsreport.com/mouse-clicks-twice-windows-10/ suggests as top solution: This is such a small but rather inconvenient problem, and most users reported that installing a third-party software fixed the problem for them.

Did someone else also experienced this? And how did you solve it?
Or do you have an possible thing I can try / solution?

I've thought about the next possible things I could try (but haven't done it yet)

1. Install or boot in Linux Mint Live and see if the same things happen (To see if there's something going wrong with Xiaomi motherboard and Windows drivers)
  2. Boot Windows10 in Safemode
  3. Check if it does happens even if the mouse is the only device connected to the USB ports
  4. Possibly change the mouse settings with the program X-Mouse Button Control (start the application and go to Settings > Advanced and select De-bounce (ignore) rapid mouse button clicks.) or Left Mouse Button Fix 
  5. To test if your mouse is worn out you can simply switch the left and right mouse button and check if the problem appears again.

--- moved from nl-nl --- 

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2020 Views 63 Applies to: