Solution for error code 101

For all four of the games I play (3 as a premium user) when I try to access the game I receive instead "ERROR There was a problem downloading game data for Solitaire (and MaJong, Jigsaw and Sudoku). Please check the Solitaire FAQ at ... and refer to error code 101. Doing so, I find no mechanism to follow the instructions and "report the problem". This situation has gone on for a few days now, and nothing has changed. How can I talk to a PERSON, not a robot, to get some help?

Hello  

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention! The best way to resolve the issue with Solitaire (and Mahjong, Jigsaw and Sudoku)is to contact the Microsoft Casual Games Community support team

• Have you already tried turning off your firewall or any security software currently running on your computer. 

• Is the code one of these:

• 101_104_1020813, 101_104_1021014, 101_104_1020915, 124_107_1, 101_107_1  or 101_102_101

Also, you can try checking out the following threads will similar issues:

Be sure to let us know the results! 

Sincerely,
Jasmine
Xbox Forums Support
ಠ_ರೃ

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

XBox support (Christina, I believe) walked me through a procedure that involved selecting one of my games and running wsreset.exe. That brought me back, but the system 'forgot' all of my downloaded jigsaw puzzles. That was only a minor annoyance, as simply repeating the download of each puzzle group recovered everything (except the puzzle in play with the partial solution intact) with no 'cost' in bars ... proving that there is some intelligence in the system. Why the error came to be is a mystery, probably a result of a Windows 10 automatic update around the 3rd of November, 2018.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tengo un Xbox one s, me pidió una actualización y se detuvo en 84%, luego salio el error 101, busque como solucionarlo y me pidió que descargara el archivo en un usb, lo descargue y lo conecte a mi xbox one s, aparece la pantalla de solución de problemas y le doy en actualizar sin conexión, al ponerse la pantalla para empezar a descargar, no carga nada y luego me sale algo salio, intento hacerlo de nuevo y me sale lo mismo.

Otra solución que he intentado es en restaurarla por completo pero se atasca en la pantalla, ayuda que puedo hacer? 

Por favor contesten :c

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried the reset and it worked for a brief period but then stopped.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck.  got the email address by clicking on the link on the 101 error page when I start solitaire.

I will try and update this once I get this resolved. 

Here is the email address to send to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for help. They responded quickly and I will answer their questions which I copied below. 

Hi Bob, we are aware of this issue which affects some players temporarily. Could you answer a few questions for us to help us investigate the problem?

1. Does this error appear before or after the home screen appears? Or only when you click something?
  2. If it appears after the home screen, roughly how many seconds after the home screen appears do you see this?
  3. What device and OS version are you playing on?
  4. Where did you get the e-mail address you originally sent your message to (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)?

Thank you!

Microsoft Casual Games Team.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello !  

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread as it is being revived, but we recommend that updates are provided on a new thread as there may have been changes that would be better assisted with a fresh look at this case.

Thank you again! 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 8,679 Applies to: