How to Disable the "Intel Display Power Saving Technology"?

Got my surface book few days ago, the experience was bumpy in the beginning, but things are looking much better now after installing the numerous firmware / driver updates, and I really came to appreciate the design and versatility of the device. There's still one annoying issue I am hoping Microsoft could address, which is that the "intel display power saving technology" is enabled out of box and there's no way to switch it off, as a result, when my surface book is on battery, the display adjusts the color and contrast dynamically in context with whatever is being displayed, which causes horrible color inaccuracy, and it is especially bad when it comes to video, the poor color rendition makes videos almost unwatchable.

Usually, the first thing I do when I get a new device with Intel integrated graphics is to switch off "DPST" from Intel graphics control panel, since surface doesn't ship with this piece of software and I don't think generic Intel drivers can be installed, I am hoping Microsoft could  give users the option to switch it off, or even better, switch it off by default, the amount of battery this technology can save doesn't justify the horrible user experience it causes.

Anyone knows any trick to disable "DPST", please, please, do share!

Thanks a lot,

Answer
Answer

You can try the steps below. It works on my SP4.

https://mikebattistablog.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/disable-intel-dpst-on-sp4/

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 18,427 Applies to: