Surface book 2 15' image persistence

Hello everyone,

I have a new (5 months) surface book 2 and i've noticed that when the screen stays for a while, about 10-15 minutes with static image or app open on it, i can see the same image or app on other windows or on the task manager screen.

It's not burn in because the image fades eventually, but it's really strange phenomenon on a 3500$ machine...

Does anyone else has the same problem, or does Microsoft knows about it?

Hello RonItzhaki!

We appreciate your time in bringing up this issue to our attention. The issue might be caused by a hardware or software failure which we can identify by performing series of troubleshooting steps. Here’s how:

• Restart you device : Go to Windows > Power > Restart

(If the issue is resolved after a restart, we know it’s a driver or software issue. Ensure the device is up to date).

• Go to Force the device to shut down and restart

(The Surface may boot to Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). This is normal. Please click EXIT UEFI).

• Go to Windows > Power > Shutdown

• Once the device is shutdown, press and hold the volume up button, and single press the power button.

(This will Boot to Unified Extensible Firmware Interface UEFI. If you can still see static image or app on your screen, or your screen is flickering you can proceed for a replacement).

* If the issue does not exist in UEFI screen. We need to reset your Surface device using a Downloaded Recovery Image

Reminders:

1. Ensure to back up your personal data.

2. USB drive should be at least 16 GB.

3. All USB recovery drives must be formatted to FAT32 prior to loading a recovery image.

*Just follow the steps on creating and using a USB recovery drive

*If the issue still exists, we suggest you to contact Microsoft Surface Support to proceed for the replacement.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you!

Lidaliza

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2021 Views 431 Applies to: