Why does reporting a Phishing Email count towards your 300 limit of sent emails?

I honestly didn't know we had a limit till recently... with that being said... Since Microsoft does nothing about the recently increased AMOUNT of JUNK SPAM EMAIL- I now submit everything in my junk folder as phishing. Considering most of it technically is.  BUT it shouldn't count towards my daily limit.  I'm basically doing Microsoft's job! 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

We understand the importance of your concern, and we also check the ticket that Brian provided. You also mention that you have done creating a ticket, kindly monitor if someone from our Outlook In-App Support emailed you back. For any suggestions or feedback in using the Office apps, we highly recommend that you raise it through our UserVoice Forums. Our software engineers would be glad to hear any feedback and reports to help them determine what to further improve on our Office applications.

Best regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We understand the importance of your concern, and we also check the ticket that Brian provided. You also mention that you have done creating a ticket, kindly monitor if someone from our Outlook In-App Support emailed you back. For any suggestions or feedback in using the Office apps, we highly recommend that you raise it through our UserVoice Forums. Our software engineers would be glad to hear any feedback and reports to help them determine what to further improve on our Office applications.

Best regards.

That's what the level 3 support engineer, Rahul, already suggested to me.

That I go to uservoice or use the feedback hub to give suggestions.

Why do have to suggest to fix a problem that Microsoft is already aware of?

Will they not just fix the problems as they see them occurring?

Does Microsoft need suggestions to do what they know is the right thing to do?

Microsoft is clearly in violation of the Microsoft service agreement code of conduct.

By delivering spam, Microsoft is putting it's users at risk for getting malware or ransomware that may be contained in the links in those spam messages. Microsoft is also breaking the law by helping spammers get their mail delivered to the users.

Microsoft is running ads on their pages. The more their users go to those pages and the longer the users stay on those pages, the more money Microsoft makes!  It is to Microsoft's advantage to deliver hundreds of spam meaages every day!  Microsoft is making a fortune off of spam and dodging any/all responsibility by hiding back and claiming that the spam did not originate on a Microsoft network account.

Microsoft gets it's mail from all over the world  I understand that.  That is not my problem, it is Microsoft's problem.

I get my mail from one place, that place is Microsoft.  Nobody else puts mail in my email except Microsoft.

So as far as I am concerned, every message IS in fact coming to me from a Microsoft network and Microsoft is the one sending those messages to me!

Why is Microsoft putting their profits above their users being at risk?

Like I said when this all started, this is not a technical issue. Outlook.com is functioning as it was designed to function.

The problem is that the design is flawed, and Microsoft is taking advantage of those flaws for their profit.

This is an administrative issue, and the users have no way of contacting anyone in the administration of Microsoft.

We have written to Microsoft's Legal Department and they will not even give us the courtesy of a reply.

Same with the CEO of Microsoft, no replies from him either.

I thought Microsoft was an ethical corporation that cared about their users.  I guess I was way wrong about that!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We understand the importance of your concern. This is why we are referring you to raise your feedback through our UserVoice Forums. The previous information that we reiterate is also mentioned by the level 3 support. Take note that raising feedback will notify our support engineers about what you are experiencing using the email application.

Best regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We understand the importance of your concern. This is why we are referring you to raise your feedback through our UserVoice Forums. The previous information that we reiterate is also mentioned by the level 3 support. Take note that raising feedback will notify our support engineers about what you are experiencing using the email application.

Best regards.

Apparently you do not understand the importance of my concern, or something would have been done about it by now!

I have been notifying Microsoft support technicians about this for weeks.

I have submitted hundreds of abuse report along with complete message sources to Microsoft support.

I have spoken to several support technicians over the chat and had 4 technicians taking remote control of my computer to check my settings.

I have spent 6 hours on the phone speaking with a level 3 technician.

Now I am typing to you about this same problem!

Why should I have to go to a 3rd party website and make suggestions, that may or may not be listened to, about a problem that Microsoft is well aware of?

Why can't one of the dozens of support technicians I typed to inform the support engineers about the thousands of people that are having problems with this spamnado that Microsoft is responsible for?

I'll tell you what, before I go to 3rd party websites and make suggestions that may or may not be taken or acted upon, I will simply go and get a lawyer and start a class action law suit against Microsoft!

If nobody hasn't suggested to the Microsoft engineers yet that the outlook.com users are getting hundreds of spam mails every day delivered and that the engineers need to do something to stop that, Then Microsoft has some serious problems!

Why do you expect me to do your job?

So if the spam doesn't soon stop coming in by the hundreds every day, I'll be looking for an attorney and they will be the one to make suggestions that Microsoft will have to listen to!

Microsoft is in violation of the Microsoft Service Agreement and the Code of Conduct that is within that Agreement.

If Microsoft does not soon start abiding by their own agreement, the courts will be forcing Microsoft to either make changes or shut down their Email servers and then paying their users for the time they wasted chasing spammers and submitting reports that got them no satisfaction whatsoever.  I have already spent hundreds of hours on this problem!

Thank you for your time Ma. Lau, but you have been absolutely no help at all to me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree 100% conversing with Microsoft on any issue on these forums is a complete waste of time. THIS FORUM SHOULD BE ENOUGH.  I'm tired of doing their job... and not getting paid for it. If there is a class action lawsuit coming down the pipe... please let me know. Google is a mess but dang... they have their email system locked down. THE ONLY REASON I stay is the longevity of this email address, 20+ years. BUT whateves… After the new year... I'm done. 

ALSO- THIS SPAM STUFF... I GUARENTEE THEY ALLOWED IT THROUGH CHRISTMAS. I can already see it slowing down... WHAT A SHAME. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When the lawsuit is filed the lawyers will have Microsoft turn over their list of all users.

Every user will be notified of the case and given an opportunity to join in.

Keep your evidence just in case!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am receiving email from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

The sender says he has a record of me mustarbating myself and he needs $2000 otherwise he will publish to all my contact. 

I don't do anything as such but he is insisting for.me to pay him.

Please can you find this person he should be arrested.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am receiving email from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"

The sender says he has a record of me mustarbating myself and he needs $2000 otherwise he will publish to all my contact. 

I don't do anything as such but he is insisting for.me to pay him.

Please can you find this person he should be arrested.

LMFAO!!!    Yea, I get those too.

I told him to go ahead and release what he has!

Not only do I not do that, I don't even have a camera on my pc!

I wonder if he ever gets any money? 

All people who send or deliver spam should go to jail!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I honestly didn't know we had a limit till recently... with that being said... Since Microsoft does nothing about the recently increased AMOUNT of JUNK SPAM EMAIL- I now submit everything in my junk folder as phishing. Considering most of it technically is.  BUT it shouldn't count towards my daily limit.  I'm basically doing Microsoft's job! 
I believe this guy is working at outlook. He should be fired.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe this guy is working at outlook. He should be fired.

What in the world would make you believe that?

Why would someone that works at Microsoft be complaining about getting cut off for sending too much mail and start a thread about it in the community?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 373 Applies to: