Can Skype for Business for iOS send/receive files?

My iPhone 6 has Skype for Business and the various Office apps (W,E,PP,SP,OD). All are fully updated, and the OS is the most recent. The Office apps and Skype are signed into my Office 365 enterprise subscription.

It appears that Skype can neither send nor receive files on the iPhone. It works fine on my desktop, but on the iPhone there's no icon to click to send, no icon appears when someone tries to send something to me, the sharing menus do not include Skype, and the phone Settings does not offer any toggle to enable file sharing.

Is that correct? If so, is file sharing on the mobile Skype roadmap?

If that's not correct and it should allow file sharing, how do I enable it?

Answer
Answer

Hi Jospeh_N_,

Thank you for your post. If you are on a conference and connected to Wifi, Skype for Business on iOS can:

• View shared desktop or program

• View shared PowerPoint files

• Upload and present PowerPoint files

You can refer to the mobile client comparison tables listed on this article.

Regarding to sending and receiving files (file sharing), currently this feature is not feasible on Skype for Business mobile. We suggest you submit feedback to the related team via the link: (https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/category/120013-client-mobile?query=file%20share). Many features have been designed or upgraded based on customers' valuable advice.  

Thanks for your understanding,

Ruel

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2022 Views 2,396 Applies to: