MS Office 2019 Apps won't start.

Hey guys,

I'm currently having a hard time getting Office Professional 2019 x64 to run on my machine.

Issue: Whenever I start an Office application (fresh install, click to run installer), it runs as a background process using approx. 1MB of RAM and no computation cycles of my CPU. It simply idles and won't open. This counts for Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote... Tested them all. All produce the same behaviour.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole Office suite, did an online repair of the installation, checked my systems integrity using the sfc /scannow command - which actually repaired some files but for no use - and scraped the internet for similar issues but were not able to find any hints that apply to my case.

I'm running a Windows 10 Pro x64 (de-DE) installation on a mobile Ryzen Gen 4000 CPU with 16 GiB of RAM.

Kindly request further assistance :(

Best regards,

NicoleFX

You should have run DISM, before sfc

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

2) and if by 'runs as a background process' you mean that the GUI doesn't appear/show the Office component, and you have to use task manager to end the task.

Then hold the ctrl Key when starting Word or Excel to force safe mode, does the interface then appear?

If it does then

Within OL(the component) >File>Options>Add-ins>Manage Com Add-ins>Go....... what is listed whether active or not?

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 67 Applies to: