Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now

I'm running on Windows 7, latest updates installed.  I have a personal, and business account.  Originally everything worked fine with One Drive, both Business, and Personal.  When policy dictated I change my password for business, is when the problems started.  It would continually state logging in, and not actually sync, on the business side.  I went to the credential manager, and removed the cached credential, then ran the ondrivesetup /uninstall, to remove everything.  Setting it all back up, personal worked with no issues.  Business, I was now getting past the login, and it wasn't stating duplicate account.  Now its asking for the folder location to store to.  When I select the default, I immediately get a pop up stating "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now"  Please contact support.  I've tried running the one drive client as administrator, but it does not allow you to.  My user is a local admin already.

I'm using Version 2016 (Build 17.3.6720.1207). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Its odd it worked initially, but now is having issues after a password change.

Answer
Answer
Hi SESOneDrive,

Glad to hear that you have figured it out. I'd like to make a summary about this issue, so that any other community members who come across this thread can find the information easily.

=======================================
Symptom:
When you try to sync your OneDrive for Business library on Windows, you get an error "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now"

Root cause:
Tenant admin has blocked sync on non-domain joined computers.

Solution:
End users need to contact the global admin(company administrator) for help.
=======================================

Thanks,
Sky

48 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 29, 2023 Views 12,345 Applies to: