Import From Excel into Access ERROR - can't find DLL entry point GetUserdefaultlCiD in kernel32

We have the same issues on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. also on Access 2013 and 2016 (O365).  Every time we try to import data from a text file or Excel we get this error.  Only way we have found around it so far was to completely wipe a machine and not install ANY office or windows updates. then we could get it to work.  Have a (paid) ticket open with Microsoft for over a week and  they just keep asking for more time.  Any ideas out there?  My guy reaction is this is related to a windows or office update but i have no way to narrow it down.  We are going to start installing the updates one at a time on our test machine until it breaks.  I was hoping someone else has had this issue.  ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated, at this point i fear Microsoft will not have any answers for us

Answer
Answer

My problem was Cylance.  My IT provider adjusted the Cylance policy and added my database path to an exclusions list.  My Excel imports work again.

Hope this helps!

105 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 26,289 Applies to: