Moving GoDaddy Office365 to Microsoft Office365 Step by Step instruction Please

We do have the issue with GoDaddy Office365.
We cannot add PowerApps License, Visio License, or other Microsoft subscription, even Azul SQL.
I contact GoDaddy support and Microsoft Support. Both could not solve it.
It is urgent to move GoDaddy to Microsoft.
GoDaddy is more expensive than Microsoft's offer and less function.
GoDaddy's value is that they manage Tenant.
But that creates limitation and not excellent support (GoDaddy does offer ad-hoc service but left from responsibility and does not help any more, Microsoft support try to help us but still limitation that they could not solve. And Microsoft support passes me to the volume license team. And it seems they helped but in the end still have the issue).
Try not to waste everyone's time.
I need to move Microsoft Office 365 quickly and less painfully as possible.
I have 30+ users under GoDaddy Office365.

• Is there any way administratively take backup for all accounts (Email, contact, and calendar are minimum, Onedrive, SharePoint)?
  • What is the step to move from GoDaddy Office 365 to Microsoft Office 365? (Include step that GoDaddy account to cancel)
  • How long will it take to all process? (I guess email will not be able to send or receive that time)
  • Anything needs to be careful with those steps.
  • GoDaddy support told me. Is there paid service to migrate GoDaddy to Microsoft Office 365?
    • If so, how much is it?
    • Any link to order for it?

Any suggestion or comment is more than welcome. 

Thank you in advance. 

Minion_World

Answer
Answer

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for the information. 

I understand Microsoft did not offer "O365 Tenant to Tenant Coexistence Migration Services"3rd party like BitTitan.comprovide those service of $15 per user

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_manage/migrate-office365-from-godaddy-to-microsoft/173d7c40-5474-42cf-a7e0-a36720690b48

Since your Office 365 subscription is bought from GoDaddy, there is no direct way to move an Office 365 tenant/mailbox data from GoDaddy to Microsoft. 

You can follow the steps below:

1. Purchase an Office 365 plan from Microsoft directly.

2. Create mailboxes on the new subscription using the default onmicrosoft.com temporarily.

3. Perform an IMAP migration to move the mailbox data. Or user 3rd party migration tools.

4. After the migration, remove your custom domain from your Office 365 plan in GoDaddy.

5. Cancel your Office 365 subscription in GoDaddy.

If you are not clear about the above actions in GoDaddy, you may need to consult GoDaddy support for the detailed steps.

6. Add and verify your domain in Office 365.

7. Change the user mailboxes from onmicrosoft.com to the verified domain.

Moving DNS takes about up to 48 hours to complete. (Can not receive email)

I will try this step to move 30 users. 

Best Regards

T Nakamura

50 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 65,460 Applies to: