outlook.com email search doesn't work

Hello,
I just recently moved my email archive from gmail to outlook.com.
When trying to do a search the request times out and gives me an error message:

There was a problem with the Outlook service (a temporary network connectivity issue that has nothing to do with your computer). Please try again.  If you keep seeing this message, go to Service status to check if there's a problem with Outlook. 

I have tried multiple browsers, cleaning cache, etc... 

Judging by the number of posts of people with the same problem I'd say Microsoft should get this fixed asap. Being able to search your email is essential.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi panic 2

I have replied on the Private Message.

Please sign in to view it. 

Thanks, 

Leah V. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you get any useful info. on how to cure this problem will you let me know please Panic 2  ?

Many thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing as yet, just task after task to achieve, which i dont feel able to do any. I suggested they isolate the problem in all accounts because it is not only me with this problem but they feel they want to go down the path to check every single account with the problem. Which is too long winded and dangerous for me. It is their programme/software, if they cant fix it from the info we have already given in our private and public posts, then i guess we will never find out. I am resigned to it being a problem with my account for the foreseeable future and i can help them no more, other than pointing out the problem. If they want to fix it, they will have to do it by amending their code and not getting their customer to do so many tasks/spend so much time on it!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm disgusted with them panic 2

I feel so badly let down by their atrocious attitude towards helping us.

It's obvious to a blind man that the problem lies at their end.

I wish they'd never forced me change from Hotmail to this garbage.

I very rarely had trouble with hotmail. I was with them for years. On the odd occasion that there was some sort of glitch, Hotmail in the past were very helpful and would get the problem sorted out quickly as a rule. Not like this lot.

It's disgraceful. I'ts absolutely disgraceful the way they are conducting themselves over this one.

I absolutely agree that they are expecting too much by telling us to do this... try that... all the technical stuff most people haven't got a clue about.

AND get this one panic 2   I told them I didn't understand what they were talking about with their re-indexing, fiddling logs, cache, browser otimizsations, download Windows live mail etc. etc. so guess what?  THEY told me to get someone to help me!!!

(What do they think their job is I wonder?)

I wouldn't pay any of them out in brass washers for what they've done so far to sort this problem out.

It's a disgrace that in this day and age, when we can send men to the Moon and land probes on Mars, they can't even maintian a search engine that works properly.

It's so frustrating that people like us are having to waste so much time on this when, in my opinion, it could be sorted out fairly quickly if only they could be bothered to get a proper programmer to look at it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

Bob here in Vancouver, B.C......... I have had the same problem ...outlook search not working for some time now.

I am going to call Microsoft HQ on a land line later today and see if I can get somewhere. 

I'll keep you posted,

Cheers,

Bob

PS ..... I also have access to someone who works for Microsoft here in Vancouver that I can give my outlook account info to and he can try to resolve this problem. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

Bob here in Vancouver, B.C......... I have had the same problem ...outlook search not working for some time now.

I am going to call Microsoft HQ on a land line later today and see if I can get somewhere. 

I'll keep you posted,

Cheers,

Bob

PS ..... I also have access to someone who works for Microsoft here in Vancouver that I can give my outlook account info to and he can try to resolve this problem. 

VERY much aprreciated Bob.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

indeed, thanks Bob! You could finally unlock the key to this very annoying problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

indeed, thanks Bob! You could finally unlock the key to this very annoying problem.

panic 2  and  Bob

Take a look at this thread on the same subject :  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/email-search-feature-not-working-with-new-outlook/52051c15-967d-47c0-8338-b9832bfd24da?page=2&rtAction=1380024452960

Especially please take a look at the 'help' offered to me September 23 by the moderator Francis_S

He's trying to suggest that the emails that don't come up in the search don't really exist, that they've somehow and mysteriously been deleted...

Well maybe I need to go to Specsavers because I am able to see that these emails actually DO exist, I open and read them almost every day.

Bob, this answer from the moderator is typical the sort of tosh that we are being offered.

I really hope that you can get somewhere when you phone these people up at their HQ and speak to your friend about this debacle.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all,

Bob here in Vancouver, Canada.

I tried contacting Microsoft on a land line and just got more gobbledygook.

One of the fixes they suggested would not even download.

So next step is to get together with a guy I know who works for Microsoft here in Vancouver.

Not sure exactly what he does but imagine he has access to the right people.

I will be seeing him over the next 48 so will get back to you with the results of that.

The fellow i did talk to refused to take over my outlook citing privacy rules. Nonsense.

As a final resort ...next week I am going down to Seattle ... I do know where Redmond WA is !

Cheers !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

funny that privacy thing Bob when we consider what Snowden has revealed and how widely available they make our emails after 6 months or so.
Thanks for the update.
In accordance with Praetorian55's recent findings, i tried the hotmail/outlook connector recommended for a fix of this same problem before and found it to be useless. You would think that if this has been a problem before, as soon as they heard about it occurring again, they would have immediately contacted their programmers to try and fix it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 897 Applies to: