Latency issues and receiving error messages in Outlook.com "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now", "dub002.mail.live.com is down" or “The Service is Unavailable”

1. I'm receiving an error, "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now"

I got an error: Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now. What you can do:

Update February 02/24/2013: Issue fixed.

2. I'm experiencing latency and receiving error messages while signing into my Outlook.com account.

Update February 25, 2013 01:05PM PST: Issue Fixed.

3. I'm receiving the error “The Service is Unavailable” when I try to add or edit my Twitter connections via Microsoft Account.

Update February 25, 2013 UTC: Ongoing Server maintenance.

4. dub002.mail.live.com is down

Update February 25, 2013 02:58PM PST: Issue Fixed.

Answer
Answer

Update February 25, 2013 UTC:

1. The Error: "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Hotmail right now" should be fixed now.
  2. Latency issues when signing into Outlook.com account should be fixed now.
  3. Some users might also receive the error: “The Service is Unavailable” when you try to add or edit your Twitter connections via Microsoft Account.
  4. Some are receiving issues with "dub002.mail.live.com is down". This issue should be fixed now.

To know if you are affected by this recent outage, we'd like you to check the status of the service at https://status.live.com ; make sure you sign in on the website to check the status of your server.

We also recommend you to follow the steps on the discussion thread mentioned below that carries additional troubleshooting steps to help you get access to your account.

I cannot sign into my account. What can I do to solve this issue?

Microsoft Team is diligently working to fix these issues. We will immediately post an update on this thread once we have all the details.

Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2023 Views 16,842 Applies to: