Windows 10 1809 update problem(Windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart the computer with error code 0xc1900101-0x30018)

When the update was downloaded and prepared , it called me to restart the computer to install 1809 update . However, until 52%, it said that "Windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart the computer." After it restore the system, i check out the update record and find that the error code is 0xc1900101-0x30018. What should i do?

P.S. I have fix windows update errors by using the dism and system update readiness before.
Answer
Answer

My solution:

I also had the problem with updating Windows 10 1803 (last version) to 1809 and the standstill at 52%, then rebooting and restoring the old version. I noticed in the logfile which I analyzed the part with "iissetup.exe" in connection with the abort. shift+f10 for a console and possible repair with regedit during setup didn't work for me.

Therefore I proceeded like this:

In the software deinstallation (control panel) and with msicleaner (msicuu) i removed all old .net and visual studio parts. And then i reinstalled them with offline installer versions. there were still remains of old installations, but in the end they didn't solve the problem.

Even with feature removal (control panel) and uncheck the box "internet information services" i couldn't get any further, because there were errors during deinstallation.

The crunch point was the following:

I booted with ubuntu linux and renamed the folder "c:\windows\system32\inetsrv" (which also contains the "iissetup.exe") e.g. to "inetsrv.old". Additionally, under "c:\windows\winsxs" I moved all folders with the name mask "*windows-iis*.*" to another location.
Then i booted windows 10 again and restarted the update via the windows 10 update assistant.
Now it ran error free through the installation and the files/folders under "inetsrv" and "winsxs" were rebuilt with the current version.

Now my system is update correctly to the latest Windows 18 1809 build patch level. No further problems.

Hope this help, Ischte

76 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Ischte - I could kiss you. Your suggestion worked for me!

Rather than booting into Linux, I was able to rename the inetsrv folder to inetsrv.old in Windows by:

1. Taking ownership of the folder

2. Stopping the Application Host Helper Service

I then took ownership of the WinSxS folder in order to move the *windows-iis*.* folders to a backup folder on another drive.

With these out of the way, I then used the Windows 10 Update Assistant (rather than the ISO I had created), and updated successfully.

When the updater reached 52% - where it would normally create the error message - it instead went back to 46% for a moment, then jumped back to 54% and continued progressing from there. I'm guessing this is where it needed to rebuild the files I had removed.

Once the update was complete, I deleted the C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv.old folder.

All is well, and I am successfully updated to 1809. Thanks again for your help!

89 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2024 Views 22,404 Applies to: