KB814445 (updating firmware) instructions don't apply to OS's later than XP.

Since KB814445 instructions don't apply to OS's later than XP (error message says I cannot run the update wizard because it requires Windows ME, 2000, 98, or XP) how do I update my MN-100 Wired Base Station firmware and software?  The Automatic Update feature in the MS Broadband Network Utility doesn't work either.

Hi

There is No need for software to manage a Router., every thing can be done manually from any Windows computer on the network.

I doubt that such an old Router has any recent firmware updates either.

In any case, if you found a firmware update, download the file, connect to the Router’s menus manually and install the new firmware.

To connect manually, type into the browser address http://192,168.2.1

The default pass word is  admin

Once you are in find the menu with the firmware update entry and do what you need to do.

This page was written for another purpose, but is has some pointers about the MN-100.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Microsoft/MN-100/Xbox_Live_360.htm

BTW. There are much newer Routers that can do what the MN-100 Router does, and more for less that $20.

Jack-MVP Windows Networking. WWW.EZLAN.NET
Jack MVP, Microsoft Windows Desktop Experience-Networking.

www.EZLAN.net

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi DennisV,

Thanks for posting your question on the Microsoft Answers website!

Jack has since responded with a post that should work for the issue you posted. If possible, could you return to this thread and mark the correct post as the answer by clicking the “Mark as Answer” button at the bottom of the post? Otherwise, please return and give additional details about what didn’t work so the community can help you further troubleshoot.

Cody C
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This thread contains an unconfirmed solution by the original poster and has been left unanswered. Microsoft Support will no longer attempt to contact the original poster.

Cody C
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 460 Applies to: