Why Did Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 List 122 Updates Required (Some Already Installed in 2011)

My PC is set to notify me about that updates are available.

Thursday, Nov. 27, I received notification of 2 important updates for Windows 7.  The only thing I noticed was that it took a long time. 

Saturday, Nov. 29, I got a notification that I had 122 - yes, 122 - important updates - some going back to 2011 and according to my update history had already been installed.   So now I see that not only only did I get SP 1 KB976932 and update KB2977759, but something weird called Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 (?) that I have never encountered before in my update history.  

Can this be fixed?  I'm not a computer expert.  I just want to keep my computer up to date.

To troubleshoot most computer problems it helps to look at available clues in the System Information file and the Event Viewer logs. An experienced eye can pick out the needles in the haystack and see more clearly the precise nature of the problem or problems.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. I'll have to study your instructions and try tomorrow.  Too much for a senior non-computer person to take in all at once.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. 

1. I read your instructions several times and found then very helpful. But I admit to being defeated by the How to Use Sky (now One) Drive video.  Partly because I have vision problems and can't see the screen very well.  It seems I now have a OneDrive but it's name is:"mypersonalemailOneDrive"and I don't want that email publicized.  So how can I delete OneDrive?

2. Discretion being the better part etc. , I ran the Update Troubleshooter  - nothing - so just installed all 122 updates. That took a long time.

3. Two days later, I got a message for another 6 updates - already there far as I could see- but installed them again and checked Installed Updates rather than History.    I see this is a persistent problem.  http://http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/windows-updates-keeps-repeatedly-installing-the/eef86e6b-4b5e-4fd3-9732-41d65d2a5c12

Thanks again,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jennifer

So how can I delete OneDrive?

You do not need to delete it. It has no connection to any email address.

Windows Update or Microsoft Update repeatedly offers the same update

Run the Fixit in this link:
http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/910339/en-gb

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. Actually, I did run the Fix It after the Toubleshooter and no problems were detected. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2018 Views 274 Applies to: