2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112) - Error 0x800f0900

Split from this thread.

Hi Henry,

This is an on-going issue. For now we suggest that you post or upvote this concern in Windows Feedback hub. You may follow the instructions I have posted above on how to send Feedback. Kindly post the short URL here so we can submit it to our Microsoft engineers for investigation.

Regards.

Hi Monica,

Thank you for replying.

Unfortunately I don't have a URL web address for the problem: all I get is a message is on Windows Update Status saying there was a problem installing some updates. It says: "If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• 2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112) - Error 0x800f0900

Unless I hear from you to the contrary I'll try going through the steps you gave back in January as I'm still having problems with all update since then, including the April Update which failed to install yesterday.

I didn't do this before as someone who is more of a computer expert told me that Windows might sort the issue in a later month's update.

Sincerely,

Henry

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Answer
Answer

I was having the exact same problem trying to install KB4093112.  After trying all the suggested fixes reading through the forums I found this on Redit which actually worked perfect and allowed the install to perform properly after doing the following;

These command lines forced my PC to restart manually and successfully complete the cumulative (KB4093112) update. What's really interesting though is how none of the previous methods worked including deleting the contents inside the Windows SoftwareDistribution Download folder.

Right Mouse Button Click on the Windows Icon (Lower Left Corner of your Screen).  Select  "Command Prompt (Admin) then run the following commands. As you enter in each command you should see a message [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS.  The last step (Net Stop wuauserv) should stop & start the Windows Update Service and perform the KB4093112 install properly.

SC config wuauserv start= auto

SC config bits start= auto

SC config cryptsvc start= auto

SC config trustedinstaller start= auto

net stop wuauserv

Check your Windows Update and it should now download & install KB4093112 with no Further Problems.  I don't know exactly what all of the commands above actually do, but by running them exactly the way they are typed out FIXES the problems with KB4093112 not installing properly!

Note: I was performing all the latest updates on a Brand New Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop with the AMD A6 7th Generation processor when I ran into the problem of KB4093112 Failing to install properly and was caught in a loop of trying to install over and over but never successfully.  So I hope this helps anyone else who is having a similar experience.  You may have to perform the steps above more than once to have a successful install!

Good Luck!

BU

185 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2019 Views 39,176 Applies to: