windows 10 screnn blinking

My friend has a problem with windows 10

My friend upgrade from windows 8.1 to new windows 10. At first the installer was just as normal but when the installation was fished and he logged in, the screen started to blink. He can’t press any apps on the desktop. We rested the pc in safe mode and then cold he open apps and the screen didn’t blink.

Please help us

I'm having the same problem and have not been able to resolve either.  After talking with the help desk I tried changing the screen resolution in safe mode and that did not solve the problem.  HELP!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

After the installation after signing in it displays the Desktop. The screen blinks. The Desktop Icons are there one blink and not the next. Next to the mouse pointer there is ablue loading circle.

In Task Manager the CPU is clocking at 98% usage.

Host Processing For Setting Synchronization is jumping between 50 - 69 % of CPU usage

With Windows explorer clocking in at 15%...

So how do I fix it so that my laptop is usable again?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same issue on my computer (which is not a laptop).

It happens even in Safe Mode, and even with my video drivers completely removed -- and also when completely reinstalled.

The login screen is not affected, nor is the Ctrl+Alt+Suppr screen -- Only the desktop is.

When I let the blinking going on and on, at some point after several minutes, even hours, it stops and the computer is usable as before.

I don't understand, and I am about to revert to Windows 8.1 to be able to use my computer normally :/

[Edit] It seems to be linked to Cortana / Start Menu -- Killing "Shell Infrastructure Host" will stop the blinking, but a critical error will popup, warning that Cortana / Start Menu cannot be loaded. -- The computer is still not usable then, and any Metro app / setting is inaccessible neither.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys solve the problem hoing to save mod turn the computer three tines with the piwer botton it comes the restart menu restart windows with a reinstalation in advance settings you can keep your files unfortunate you lose some apa and programs you have to reinstall later. At lust save files 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just wanted to note that this may be SSD related.  I know it is odd but I just upgraded my Acer S3-391 from HDD to SSD, cloned the drive and upon boot up I noticed the screen was flickering and I could do nothing.  Putting back my HDD, everything was fine.  

Right now I think I need to reboot with the installation CD of Windows 10 and do a refresh install.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not have an SSD, and this is happening to my computer. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can just reset windows 10 in safe mode and done it works

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem and for me it turned out to be iCloud Photos.  Here is what worked for me.

I did control alt delete and started the task manager.  In the processes tab I found the iCloud Photos process and stopped it.  The screen stopped flashing and behaves normally.  Next I went into iCloud and unchecked the Photos component.

I have heard that another program with similar compatibility issues is Norton, there are probably others.

You can try killing processes one at a time until the flashing stops, that should tell you which is the culprit.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Even with the error reporting services closed as one mentioned my problem was still there.. 

Sometimes after starting browsing with Chrome so I was focused on Chrome being the problem as some mentioned. 

However when just now experiencing the problem again with blinking/flashing screen:

being able with ctrl-alt-del entering taskmanager - services I found the apple photo services (iCloud Photo) was actively processing... Shut that process down and voila.. screen appeared again without blinking. 

For some time the notification center showed on and off messages that iCloud photostream could not be synchronized.. This might be part of the problem.

It looks there are more people with different solutions closing down the processes that seem to be causing the problem. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Zone Alarm was my problem.  The screen would flash, and desk icon never appear.  Taskmanager showed Zone Alarm and Windows malware process fighting, each with significant CPU time.  Deleting Zone Alarm fix the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 15, 2018 Views 1,564 Applies to: