TDR/Application has been blocked/Display driver stopped responding/ errors

There seems to be quite a bit of discussion going on in various forums concerning these TDR/Application has been blocked/Display driver stopped responding/ errors for Windows 10. None of them seem to have come up with a stable/working fix. With this happening, it makes having a graphics card completely meaningless. 

It seems that any workload on the GPU will trigger this, though I cannot be 100% sure seeing that nobody including myself has found a conclusive cause/fix for this issue. Many have claimed that it is a Windows 10 issue; again, I am not sure and I don't think anybody else is either. I have been using Windows 10 for a few months now but this has only started to happen in recent weeks. When this begins to happen seems to differ from user to user.

Before applications started to crash I noticed a bit of distortion and a lot of blue/green pixels when running 3D apps.

I do not know and cannot confirm if this has anything to do with the actual problem.

I am mainly receiving the two notifications "Application has been blocked..." and/or "Display driver stopped responding..." and a TDR error pop-up message for selective applications.

*I started running stress tests with MSI Kombustor and have noticed that some of the tests will run without any issues and some will crash immediately or within a couple seconds. 

WORKING STRESS TESTS: 

All Furmark tests 

Tessellation Burner

[B] OpenCL Julia4D (GPU-2048x1024)

[B] Plasma (1M-particle)

CRASHING STRESS TESTS:

[B] HDR+Shadow+DOF -> NVIDIA open GL Driver TDR detected error

All PhysX tests -> All 3 errors [TDR, blocked, stopped responding (black screen reset)]

[B] Tessellated Spheres X32  -> All 3 errors

Tessellated Spheres X64 -> All 3 errors

All Lakes of Titan tests -> All 3 errors

All tests were run without anti-aliasing in 1280x720

TRIED FIXES (none have worked)

I have re-installed Windows (10 Pro)

Used DDU in safe mode to remove all traces of all display drivers

Re-installed + clean installed NVIDIA drivers (latest)

Re-installed + clean installed previous versions of NVIDIA drivers

Used MSI Afterburner to lower Core/Memory Clock MHzs by at least 100

No other NVIDA software installed

Performance Mode On/Vsync Off/Set PhysX Processor to GPU in NVIDIA Control Panel settings

High Performance mode in Windows Power Options settings

Modified TdrDelay (set to 8~10) and TdrLevel (set to 0)

Confirmed there is no adware/spyware/virus

Confirmed there are no hardware issues/mounting issues

Taken my computer to a technician (inconclusive/no results)

Attempted to install drivers in compatibility mode (not possible/compatibility issues)

All settings were reverted to their default state after fix attempts.

This is my dxdiag file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nvYpb65wd-S1F2T2NQTE9LaGM/view?usp=sharing 

Windows 10 Pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 

16.0 GB RAM

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Answer
Answer

If you completely removed the nvidia driver and OpenGL and some of the hardware tests are failing I am suspecting hware.

Event viewer is showing quite a few nvidia/opengl errors and many others

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000116  This bugcheck is most often related to HEAT

These crashes were called BCC116 and are related to your video sub system.  Please follow the instructions in this wiki

The description for Event ID 1 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Activation context generation failed for "D:\Music\Guitar Pro 6\GPInstaller.exe". Dependent Assembly

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2021 Views 1,200 Applies to: