Memory Management BSOD dxgkrnl.sys

Hello,

I bought a new Motherboard along with a CPU. It's a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 7 3700x, upgraded from a Asus Gaming Pro Z170 and I5 6600K.

My other components are those:

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Ryzen 7 3700x

Gtx 1060 6GB ROG STRIX
Corsair RM650x Power supply
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz C15 --- Replaced with G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2x8GB 3200Mhz c16

I had Memory Management BSOD 3 weeks ago, The blue screen actually started when i replaced my MB and CPU. First i tried to do a Memory Diagnostic Tool Test but i was still getting a Memory Management BSOD while trying to do it (tried atleast 5 times). After that i tried to test them one by one, i was not having any problems. Somehow the error was causing when i had 2 sticks of ram plugged on the Motherboard. So what i've done is formatted all my disks and did a new clean windows install, because i heard that old drivers can cause the error. After still having the same BSOD i asked a friend of mine to bring his RAM to see if the problem persists. We placed it, did a bios update and also opened XMP Profile in BIOS. Then i did a Memory Diagnostic Tool Test and i had no errors and BSOD.

My rams are tested on my friends setup and had no errors either.

Until today i had another Memory Management BSOD caused by dxgkrnl.sys.

I updated again to the latest BIOS after the error. But i would like to know what dxgkrnl.sys is and why it's causing for the error. I would like to fix this problem.

DumpFile:

Answer
Answer
Hi Soort

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

Your printout indicates it is the device driver on your Nvidia graphics card (nvlddmkm.sys)

If that Nvidia driver is not up to date, you should install the latest driver on that, if it is already up to date, the try an older version of that driver, basically, you need to find a version of that driver that is compatible with your hardware and version of Windows 10 . ..

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2022 Views 905 Applies to: